V-Trac Horn Demo Units available for Khorn owners to try out

greg928gts

I finally finished the V-Trac horn demo units and shipped them out to the first participant today.

For those unfamiliar with the V-Trac horn, please go to www.dcchomes.com/Vtrac.html

Page 3 of that site is specifically about the demo units and the trial program www.dcchomes.com/Vtrac3.html

The V-Trac horn is a mid-horn/grill/grill cloth upgrade for the stock K400/K55 midrange horn in the Khorn. It upgrades the 3/4" K55 driver and metal exponential horn to a wooden horn with a 2" throat, and a known tractrix flare. The units are made with the grill frames attached to the horns and grill cloth is applied so they are a drop-in replacement for the stock grill frame in the Khorn. This means that you can get 2" driver performance and still keep your Khorns stock looking.

I want Khorn owners to get a chance to hear what it sounds like to have the 2" driver and horn upgrade in their own Khorns, along with upgraded tweeters and crossovers, so I've made a pair of demo units available to anyone who'd like to try them out. There is no cost for this service except for shipping to the next person on the list (which won't be more than $100).

The demo units don't look like the V-Trac horns that I sell. They are made to be compact and easier to ship, and they include all the components as well as "home-plate" plywood pieces to fit on top of the Khorn bass bins.

If you'd like to get on the list to try these out, please visit this webpage www.dcchomes.com/Vtrac3.html and follow the instructions.

Greg

post-11090-13819464353662_thumb.jpg

In my opinion, these are the best upgrades available for the Khorn, and they transform a stock Khorn into a much better sounding speaker.

Beyma CP-25 tweeters

Fc260 2" throat, wooden horns with a tractrix flare

BMS4592ND-MID midrange drivers

ALK Universal crossover networks

Add the Crites 1526C woofers, and I don't know how you can have a nicer sounding pair of Khorns.

post-11090-13819464355012_thumb.jpg

Greg, you are crazy, man! And I mean that in a good way. Awesome job, in record time, too (IMHO)! I might be into trying these, but not for a while. Do you have a time frame for how long these might be in circulation? Maybe to save on shipping costs, perhaps coordinating the shipments by region would be a good idea (for myself anyway. Let me know if they're on the way to the SF Bay Area and I'll definitely move the audition up in the queue!).

You never cease to amaze me...

For those planning to attend AKfest I'll have these setup in my room.

You'll probably be taking orders for Greg... Yes What will you pair those with?

I think Craig is going to have these on top of his LS bass bins. Probably paired with VRD's. Should sound ok. [;)]

Greg

Thanks Richard and Gregg. It was a lot of work putting these together, but I think there are some Khorn owners out there who will really get a kick out of hearing these.

I have thought about the shipping and trying to keep it in regions, but right now there are only five people on the list to receive them, so it's not like I can do a lot of juggling.

Greg

Greg: Those are so nice, I sure would like to be added to the list. I already have the ALK networks and the CT-125's. It will be interesting to see just how much the change in mid range will change the system response.

Beautiful work on those. I am also interested in comparing the Beymas with my CT 125 tweeters.

Thanks for making this opportunity available to use.

Greg: Those are so nice, I sure would like to be added to the list. I already have the ALK networks and the CT-125's. It will be interesting to see just how much the change in mid range will change the system response.

Beautiful work on those. I am also interested in comparing the Beymas with my CT 125 tweeters.

Thanks for making this opportunity available to use.

You're welcome.

Rudy is #7 on the list now.

Greg

Greg,

Just to let you know I received your email but I was in the middle of moving and did not get a chance to reply. I'm now at my new location but using a temporary laptop to surf this morning... I'm currently glancing out the window to my back feild which has about a dozen Deer grazing in it! Man is it nice to be in Northern Michigan again. I'll be ready when my turn come around. The current address on my website's contact page is my new location www.nosvalves.com/contact.htm

Here's the address and my business phone # has not changed

NOS Valves

Craig Ostby

5009 E. State Rd.

Hale, Mi. 48739

Can't wait to give these a whirl.