Hang onto your Jockey Shorts, folks...it ain't over by a longshot!

picky

First the Newspapers, then the Auto Industry; now the Audio industry:

I just read this on Twitter: Stereophile and Home Theater Magazines' parent company filled for Chapter 11 bankruptcy today: Linky Home Theater Magazine is who featured OUR home theater in a spread in their magazine back in June of 2006. Who would have thought back then they'd be toast? The end of SO many eras! And now, Pontiac, too. -Glenn

McIntosh closed its factory for the month of May and furloughed all the factory workers. Interesting comments by their president concerning McIntosh sales being tied to the stock market success, good weather hurting sales, and his lack of need for finished goods at this point. Basically, they are in the toilet right now.

M&K went under, there is a discount place blowing out the inventory they purchased at the bankruptcy auction, as well NHT has been in trouble for a bit, not sure if they are going under totally, but a lot of stuff was being blown out for 'at cost' pricing. Many raw drivers, as well as crossovers and some finished enclosures, subs.

It's a tough go out there.

This could be a good thing for some. I mean, maybe I'll be able to afford some McIntosh gear if they have a fire sale.

Seriously though....I understand the pain. My company is giving me a 5 week vacation - I'm being furloughed for 5 weeks in July. There goes $5K+ of income out da window. So I guess that cheap McIntosh gear will not be coming home to papa afterall.

Tom

In these economic hard times, I have had to make a few cutbacks like wearing underwear, so I really can't hang on to my jockey shorts.

But you can hang on to what you have, no?

Sounds like it's time to take matters in hand... [;)]