Cornwall Value?

Cornwalled

Hello,

I have a set of 1981 Cornwall I's, with some minor scrapes and scratches, really the usual for speakers this age. Everything works great though, no problems. I have both grilles, one was just taken off for the photo.

I'm curious as to what they would be worth. If anyone knows, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon

PS: Cute kitty not included cwm1.gif

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

This message has been edited by Cornwalled on 02-22-2002 at 02:50 PM

A couple of initial questions come to mind.

Have these speakers been updated via the X-over?

Are those the black cabinets?

From the info. provided, my guess on those would be that they could be anywhere from the $700 - 900 range,

depending if the buyer is trying to match another black pair.

If these were oiled walnut, or another wood finish, the price would be higher.

Others will likely have more info.

Have you checked E-bay lately for auction prices?

Depending on the age, condition and model number, anything less than $400 for a pair of Klipsch's big old horns is a gift. Anything less than $600 is a steal and anything less than $800 is a bargain. The old ones, models 1s with the vertical horns and original style crossovers, or the newer model IIs, with less wear and tear, can trade as high as $1100, though most are less than that. The rare Cornwall I, with the B crossover, and an excellent ad, recently traded as high as $1800 on eBay, so supply reflects demand at the extremes. Jnauary prices on eBay averaged $1100, so the trend with the growing popularity of SET amps, seems to be up.

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

• 3 weeks later...

Having been on this page for only six hours...I have been a bit outspoken;but I have been a Klipschguy for twentyfour years...Concerning the vertical horn placement in the CORNWALL..The CORNWALL ONE was designed for ether vertical or horizontal placement.

If the horns are vertical, they are intended to be placed on their sides with the ports to the outside of the corner. If the horns are horizontal, the long side of the box is to be up. This is preferred as it allows the ports to couple with the floor plane. Better low end. If you are in doubt..consider this...CORNWALLS could be ordered with risers connected to the long side of the cabinet.

------------------

TNC

And one more thing!

In the late 60's and early 70's the "vertical horn" option was referred to as the "Cornwall 2"--not to be confused with the later "Cornwall II." I have seen three pairs over the years with this "2" designation.

I think there were more versions of the Cornwall than any other Klipsch!

• 17 years later...
7 minutes ago, Kenneth yoho said:

I have a pair Cornwall clips vertical 1968 with the k33p woofer in them I'm trying to find out what they are worth I would like to sell them 503 354 741 3 can

You may do better with your own topic under general Klipsch questions part of forum... Would post it with some pictures  .Welcome...

Edit: This post is nearly 20 years old.