RC7 - this turned up on ebay

DU73

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cheap. About $70 US. I would expect it to go much higher within the week even with the damage. If I were in the market, I'd probably pay $250-300 US (or 330-400 AUD), but I'm kind of a cheapskate, and I would probably not win the auction at that price.

Then again, it is damaged slightly, even though I'm sure it does play fine. So maybe my price is attainable?

• Moderators

I'm excited for you. I've heard it is very difficult to get Klipsch in Australia so to have one pop up in your area is awesome. Hope it works out for you.

Here are the last two that sold recently on Ebay.

Cherry RC-7 - $400 + $40 shipping

Black RC-7 - $550 + $70 shipping

Both were said to be in excellent condition, only one small blemish on both speakers. I think the black RC-7 was on the high side but is not uncommon for the RC-7.

To me, the one you are looking at appears to be in good condition. The crease in the woofer will not effect the sound. Local pickup is great, that should reduce the amount of bidders for the item. Good luck!

thanks to you both, i'm so excited my heart is racing,, silly i know. and with 5 days to go and my heart rate right now i will probably have a heart attack before the auction even ending...

as for the ones youthman mentioned they are about $550 aussie and todd you are right i am glad it is a bit damaged here and there that should justify a better outcome for the buyer.

and youthy you are right local pick should reduce the size of the market..

O M G !!!

in the end i probably wont win it.. but still

gotta go.. gotta get ready for work [:'(]

cioa for now...

• Moderators

Determine the highest you would be willing to pay, wait until the final minute to bid and it is what it is. I usually place my bid in the final 10 seconds of the auction. You have to be careful though or the auction will end before you can place your bid. If you get outbid, let it go, don't get sucked into the excitement of the auction and overpay. Best wishes to you. Hope you get it cheap.

Determine the highest you would be willing to pay, wait until the final minute to bid and it is what it is. I usually place my bid in the final 10 seconds of the auction. You have to be careful though or the auction will end before you can place your bid. If you get outbid, let it go, don't get sucked into the excitement of the auction and overpay. Best wishes to you. Hope you get it cheap.

Thx mate – admittingly that was my strategy – though I was thinking about putting an initial bid so the seller then can not amend it to buy it now re a buyer might contact seller and say I’ll give you $700 then if buy wants that price he will change it to buy it now and it will be gone just like that. If I put in an initial bid it will eliminate this and boost my chances by a percentage.. you are right I will not get lost in the moment.. you see there is method to my madness.. “focus.. speed.. I am speed….”

hey mate sounds cool hope you win it i dont recon too many people would know what is actually worth who are just looking for speakers on ebay, as for the floors it sounds like it has had a bit of a hard life, maybe little kids pulling the grill off or somthing, but if you get it at the right price it will be awsome,

bailz

Many thanks Bailz. I recon you are right. i dont think this will go for too much. i think this is my best opportunity so far to get a great centre channel for a good price. i am happy that it is pick up only. should increase my chances by a lot. though in saying that there are a lot of people in Australia that enjoy the klipsch sound but not many on this forum though.

I am on the fence at the moment deciding if to put the first bid so seller cant change it to 'buy it now' and then it is gone. I am sure the seller had a few offers and there is no doubt that he must be getting a tiny bit nervous that no one has bidded yet therefore at the beginning of auction he/she might be thinking i will accept no offers and wait until the auction ends but as the end gets near and no bids those previous offers start looking very good.

But if i bid then i am only putting the price up on myself..

what to do.. guidance wise ones..

however, i think i'll do what youthman said... have a maximum amount in your head, wait until the last few seconds and bid then, that is of course if the auction has not alrealy exceeded my maximum amount...

• Moderators

guidance wise ones..

Obviously your not talking about me but let me ask another question.

If you use one of those sniping deals to bid for you and say you put $500 as your highest bid, then the seller puts a $500 BIN does the snipe buy it automatically or does it only work on bids ?

If the snipe( it's called something like that ) works on BIN also just put your highest amount you would pay and let it go.

Hi dtel, i know what you are talking about, although i have never used an outside entity re snipe (or whatever its called) to place a bid on my behalf at the last seconds, i normall use a stop watch or something of that nature to count down the last minute.

what you are saying is if i did do this then the moment seller changes to buy it now is the same moment i will win that is of corse as long as my maximum bid exceeds the buy it now amount.

that is an excellent question..... anyone have experience with this?

Dtel - wise you are...

• Moderators

im thinking maybe you should smak a 100$ on her to keep it from buy it now

For that matter, $50 would do the trick. This way, if someone bids higher than you, the bid only goes up to maybe $55 instead of $105. The lower you can keep the auction throughout, the better. No harm in adding an initial bid, just don't get in a bidding war 5 days out.

what is wrong with these people, why has no one placed an initial bid, .. the anticipation is killing me.. Amy can I swear.. i really feel like swearing big time right now... kids block your ears...

• Moderators

youthman - i dont think this is possible as starting bid is at $90 - though i may be wrong, can you bid lower than the starting bid?

Sorry, I didn't notice the initial bid. You are correct, you cannot bid lower than $90.

I personally doubt he will add a BIN if the starting bid is $90.00 and no one is bidding but that is just my opinion. He can tell how many people are watching his auction and that will provide him with some inclination as to the interest of the speaker.

Be patient, breathe and by all means, stop hitting the refresh button on the Ebay listing. [:P]