RC7 - this turned up on ebay

DU73

what is wrong with these people, why has no one placed an initial bid

As youthy says, breath buddy, just calm down and have a beer, relax, he didn't mean it Amy, he's sorry haha, and yes your mouse is tired from all the clicks on refresh!

good luck mate

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is wrong with these people, why has no one placed an initial bid, .. the anticipation is killing me.. Amy can I swear.. i really feel like swearing big time right now... kids block your ears...

eBay savvy people never bid until the last second. Why bother? All you do is drive up the price ahead of time. If you're able to be at your computer when the auction ends it makes absolutely no sense to bid until the very last second.

• Moderators

eBay savvy people never bid until the last second. Why bother?

Generally this is the case. No need to cause other people to increase their bid prematurely. His reasoning for wanting to provide an initial bid is to prevent someone from contacting the seller saying, I'll offer you $400 for it. If you add a BIN option, I'll snag it. By placing a bid, the seller no longer has the option to add a BIN. Still doesn't guarantee that the seller doesn't end the auction early and sell it to someone locally.

eBay savvy people never bid until the last second. Why bother?

Generally this is the case. No need to cause other people to increase their bid prematurely. His reasoning for wanting to provide an initial bid is to prevent someone from contacting the seller saying, I'll offer you $400 for it. If you add a BIN option, I'll snag it. By placing a bid, the seller no longer has the option to add a BIN. Still doesn't guarantee that the seller doesn't end the auction early and sell it to someone locally.

That is absolutly correct Youthman [Y] in the words of JB "Top Notch"

• Moderators

There were 20 bids but were only 7 unique bidders. I too really hope you got it. From my calculations $454.39 US Dollars which is a good price. Not a steal, but definitely worth it. Let us know if you got it.

There were 20 bids but were only 7 unique bidders. I too really hope you got it. From my calculations $454.39 US Dollars which is a good price. Not a steal, but definitely worth it. Let us know if you got it.

I think you're doing your conversion backwards. $356 AUD is about $275 American. Great Price, and right in line with what I said I would pay!!! I hope you were the one that placed the winning bid, DownUnder

• Moderators

I think you're doing your conversion backwards. $356 AUD is about $275 American. Great Price, and right in line with what I said I would pay!!! I hope you were the one that placed the winning bid, DownUnder

Oops, you are correct todd. I just went back to the same online currency converter and I had them backwards. It shows $278.96. Dude, that is a steal of a price. Now I REALLY hope you got it downunder. Where are you????? Hopefully you are on the road picking it up. [:D]

so funny todd - i read your original post to my wife and said Todd was right... i swear my heart was racing - refresh refresh refresh.. then the last 10 seconds... BANG.. the rest is history. with all the adrenalin I couldnt sleep all night.

Bailz I just saw you original post, that you written shortly after the the auction ended. I must have already turned off the computer and missed your post. was getting ready for Monaco F1 Gp.

Thanks again guys for all your great advice and postive posts. [Y]

i'll be picking it up this week, the seller is very confident in the speakers performance he said i can audition the speakers and if i am unhappy i dont need to go through with it.. so clearly you have to think the speaker is in good condish.

• Moderators

i'll be picking it up this week, the seller is very confident in the speakers performance he said i can audition the speakers and if i am unhappy i dont need to go through with it.. so clearly you have to think the speaker is in good condish.

That's great bro. Very happy for you indeed. Once you get it setup, you've gotta show us some pics!