Special wire for subwoofer?

endover

Hey gang. I had this worded badly in technical questions so it didn't get much air time so I'm trying it over here.

I got a good deal on a used Sub-12 this weekend and need to wire it up to my Harman Kardon 7200. I did a quick check with short wires to make sure it works and it seems to work very well. WOW...very well!!! Anyway...The easiest place for me to put this is behind my couch near the listener position. Since I'll be running my wiring thru the attic, it will be easy for me to snake the wiring down the wall along the Romex leading to the elecrical outlet that I would be plugging it into for power however, my common sense just says NOT to run the speaker wire right next to the 120V. It would really make my life easy though. Also...it would be a 25 to 30 foot run from my receiver to the speaker. What type of wire (with RCA jacks) do I need? Think cheap but good quality here. I'm already over my allowance with the purchase of the Sub-12...ha! It sounds awesome with my Chorus II's.

Wuzzzer replied and said to get some shielded RCA wires but what's the difference in the $4 shielded wire verses the $50 sheilded wire (standard vs premium as they call it)? I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get to play with it more.

As Wuzzzer mentioned in the other post. No need for the expensive wires, like the $50 you are talking about above. Check out these wires from MonoPrice, and for under $20 shipped. The thing about these is that they say double shielding and certified for in wall use.

James