Another Forum Sucess Story

I had posted a while back asking about advice in getting a turntable.

Flatgrass ( Kevin) pm'd me stating that he had a Pioneer PL-41 that he would let me have for the cost of shipping ( Washington DC to Denver, CO). I said sure, that would be great. Kevin packed up the turntable in three different boxes and sent them out. Everything came thru undamaged(he packed this stuff up like it was Fort Knox). I am now the proud owner of a beautiful TT, and when I e mailed him to see how much everything was He just said that he wanted enough $ for a 12 pack and some beef jerky.

This is just another great example of the fine people on this site. I hope to someday be in the position to "pay it forward" so to speak and help out a fellow member.

Just wanted to share this story. And say thanks to Kevin, and those of you that have helped me out in the past.

That's a great story Rich! Very nice of Kevin to help out a family member! You see, I belong to a couple of A/V forums and most have forum members that are really good people. At the Klipsch forum, it has always seemed more like family to me. We don't just have A/V in common, we have some of the best speakers ever made in common and that seems to tie us together more like family.

As you said in the title of this thread........."another forum success story". That is what this place is all about. Working together to have the best systems we can have without all the [bs]! It sounds like you're on your way to listening to some vinyl and I am excited for you! I am a little worried about the Ballet/Ballerina shoes coming out, but hey, if that is your thing, it is fine with me! [;)] LOL [8-)]

Thanks for sharing the story Rich and Happy Listening!

Dennie

I am totally enjoying the vinyl and the best part is that there is a used vinyl store 2 blocks from my place.

Dennie, I agree this place does seem more like family, however, there is much less bickering here over equipment and such.

Since I put the raquet balls under the TT, and with the increased weight of this new TT, I have hung up my ballet slippers, thankfully.

• Moderators

Glad it worked out, now if we start trading equipment for beer and food this could get really fun.

Yep I worked out a deal for the TT, a 12 pack and some beef jerky, picked up that cd player for 12 hot dogs and and a six pack !

Yup, a great place indeed. Can't tell you how many times people have gone out of their way to lend that extra hand.

Oh, don't just hit that record store, try some estate and garage sales and local Salvation Army etc.

Yup, a great place indeed. Can't tell you how many times people have gone out of their way to lend that extra hand.

Oh, don't just hit that record store, try some estate and garage sales and local Salvation Army etc.

I checked out a few yard sales today, nada.

Went to the vinyl shop and got 5 lps for $17, and they are in great shape. SOund awesome.

Now I just need to shop for a new headshell.

Since I don't DJ or do that scratching thing, the second turntable wasn't doing me any good. I think it has found a great new home.

BTW, there is a small brewery by Charlottesville, called Starr Hill. Picked up a six of their Pale Ale, and a six of their Amber Ale at the store on Saturday. Put on Randy Newman's Good Old Boys, and had a brew and listen.

Glad you are enjoying the beer.

I am certainly ejoying the TT. I ordered two headshells for it the other day, that way I can play with the carts that I have.

ran into a problem with my camera over the weekend, but I will get some pics as soon as I can.

Thanks again Kevin, you rock !!