looking for someone to come listen to my setup and give me their thoughts, Tampa Area.

I have 2 rf-62's and a rw-12d sub. I am powering these using a yamaha 663, and am looking for someone to come take a listen, and give me their opinion on what they think. Please PM me here, as I am looking for a second opinion as to whether I should keep these or sell them. Thanks.

A more worthwhile endeavor for you, would be for you to listen to some other folks systems. Different topologies, speakers etc. than you currently own. Decide what you like the sound of and then pursue that system.

Face it - It only matters what you think sounds good. If someone came over and told you that you had the finest sounding system in the world, you would still not be happy as you have posted this thread.

For an Ear opening experience. I would suggest finding someone in your area that has a pair of Klispchorns driven by some low powered SET amps. This is a bout as different from your current system than anything I can think of. This will tell you more than anyone listening to your system.

The first thing would be,are you using this set mostly for music or HT? For HT you should be in pretty good shape unless you have a large room,there could be room issues if you're saying it sounds bad? If music is the issue you have lots of room for improvement based on disposable income.If you listen to your set,with a good source and you're not really smilin',a change is in order.Just make sure your room is not the main problem,I've heard known great sets sound just ok in a bad room.Good Luck.

I should add if you use the ps3 for listening reference,don't,I've come to the conclusion it's a poor audio unit.

How cheap of a dedicated cd played would be a good one to get? I would like to get on eventually, however the funds are very low at this point. How do I go about figuring out whether or not my room is the problem?

I would say mainly HT use. in HT only one seat sounds good, everywhere else sounds like all of the audio is coming from either the L or R speaker.

Same thing for music, unless you're directly between the two, the audio is way too localized.

How cheap of a dedicated cd played would be a good one to get? I would like to get on eventually, however the funds are very low at this point. How do I go about figuring out whether or not my room is the problem?

I would say mainly HT use. in HT only one seat sounds good, everywhere else sounds like all of the audio is coming from either the L or R speaker.

Same thing for music, unless you're directly between the two, the audio is way too localized.

With just a left, right and sub, you might not even have the Receiver set up correctly. It's a 7.2 receiver isn't it? Man if there are some Tampa forum members around I would try to find them for some help. You could listen to their systems and vice versa.