Metallica Death Magnetic 5 lp set....anybody got one?

Just wondering if anybody forked out the $130 for the 5 lp set of Death Magnetic? If so is it worth it? I know that the CD is really a poor production, and I haven't heard anything about the standard LP.

I probably won't get it anyway, unless I sell something as $ is tight now, but I still value any of your opinions....also if any other Metallica on vinyl are good pressings, as my vinyl rock collection is kind of thin.....

Thanks for your help

Just wondering if anybody forked out the $130 for the 5 lp set of Death Magnetic? If so is it worth it? I know that the CD is really a poor production, and I haven't heard anything about the standard LP.

I probably won't get it anyway, unless I sell something as $ is tight now, but I still value any of your opinions....also if any other Metallica on vinyl are good pressings, as my vinyl rock collection is kind of thin.....

Thanks for your help

I find it SOOOOOOOOOO hilarious that Metallica would attempt to pass off this recording as worth paying for - the same Metallica that saw fit to sue their own fans for downloading their material without paying for it.

Notice to Metallica: People might be willing to pay for your recordings if they were actually WORTH PAYING FOR. Now I am not talking about the music itself, but the recording and sound quality! This new release is HORRIBLE - digital "clipping" visible through software - a job any garage band with Pro Tools could do better than Metallica did here.

I would go as far as stating that Death Magnetic is NOT worth buying - hell, it's not worth STEALING, because no Klipscher would be able to stand it in their system for more than a few minutes. This release is a PRIME example of why the recorded software business is going to ruin - if you cannot produce a recording worthy of a good audio system, then you should just quit and go out of business.

I cannot imagine the 5 disc release being much better - and if it IS that much better, then this is a "double fraud", because that would demonstrate that they ARE capable of releasing a quality recording and simply refused to do so.

In two words - EPIC FAILURE.

Thanks Audible Nectar,

I was kinda thinking along the same lines after hearing the Cd... which is garbage. I was just holding out hope that they went back to the masters and produced a quality LP set. Which would, as you stated, leave an even worse taste in my mouth for putting out garbage to begin with, and then then bilking their fans for all they're worth for a good recording.

I remember when ...And Justice For All came out, they released it on a 2 LP set, and it had a sticker that said "because it would sound like $#!T if it was on one," or something like that. Of course at the time, most of my listening was on cassette via a walkman.