Ref Series Bookshelves??

fab5valentine

I'm buying a ref series RB-81 system today minus the sub.. I'm in the process of auditioning speakers and found the 81's 62 & 52' at a killer price online "new".. However they don't have a 30 day trial, only a restocking fee plus shipping if returned.. I tried the RB-61 sytem and liked in the store so I figued I'd like the 81 system even better.. Yet fearful of how they may sound in my actual room.. Any folks out there with the RB-81 that can give me some assurance that this is indeed a good system. Thank you! They will be paired with a Denon 3808CI.. and an SVS PB12+/2(for now)..

-fab5

• Moderators

I have the RB-35's as my rears. I have hooked them up as main speakers and they sound great. They are similar in specs to the RB-81's so I'm sure you will be pleased with them, especially if you have them paired with the SVS beast with two 12's. That's one mad sub!

As the wife is running out of patience with all these speakers coming to the house..

Just wait, you just started hanging around here..... [:P] It can and will get a lot worse... [6]

Do report back how you like them and make sure you take pictures, we love seeing new speakers and the system setup.

James

it got bad for me when i first started.

I originally had RF62s, but wanted RF82s. Started with RF62,RC62, and RW10d. Always wondered if I should have gotten the RF82s. Then got the RS42s because they were such a good deal at $300 shipped. Then after it was all said and done, I got the RF63s, RC64, and a eD 12 inch sub.

WOW the madness!