LaScala and a Sub...

Does anyone have experience with LaScala and a Sub-12???...wondering if this Klipsch Sub can keep up with LaScala for music

For music, I've found that even a small sub is okay with La Scalas. It's for movie soundtracks where you need the hard-hitting powerful sub.

My friend's Klipschorn 2 channel system (with Mark Levinson electronics) has always been my sought-after ideal sound-wise. I bought my La Scalas two years ago and have been enjoying the similarities they offer at a price I was able to afford. Nevertheless, it wasn't until I picked up a Velodyne VPX-10 a few weeks ago off of craigslist that I confirmed to myself how far I had to go.

This model is very much an entry-level sub, but it doesn't take much to dial it in and fill-in the lower frequencies that La Scalas can't provide. I can only imagine what a better sub (or two) would do, properly placed and dialed-in. I'm definitely a convert.

To answer your question directly no the Sub 12 will not keep up with the LS unless you listen at low levels. In an HT setting the Sub 12, while decent sub in its own right, will not be able to even attempt keep up at all. I would not go with anything less than an RT-12D or as mentioned earlier get a set of THX Ultra II subs and the amp.