Dynaco ss 120 or is it a st120 man I am bad with model numbers.

The Dude

Just picked one up for a good price(actually its being mailed to me) but was wondering if there were any upgrades on this haven't got a chance to ask any of the great guys on lots of the dynaco websites but wanted to know if I should stick with my Kenwood genrall 2 amp or what ever the model is. But if theres anything that I could do to make the dynaco better or maybe a better sound quality, let me know. Or should i just dump it.

thanks for any input.

duder

Possibly the worst sounding, and least reliable amplifier Dynaco ever made.

As a bare minimum every electrolitic in it should be replaced.

(not worth the effort IMO)

I had VanAlstine mod one for me. OK, but still not worth it.

Possibly the worst sounding, and least reliable amplifier Dynaco ever made.

As a bare minimum every electrolitic in it should be replaced.

(not worth the effort IMO)

I had VanAlstine mod one for me. OK, but still not worth it.

Too bloody right. Example of the worst sound possible with SS. You can mod a turd, but it still isn't going to smell like a rose.

Dave

Years ago... early '70s, I bought an ST-120 and and ST-70 from a friend of mine. He had built both.

Around 1978 I sold the SS ST-120 to a guy I worked with. He was happy (until his cat took a leak on it). I am happier that I still have my ST-70. [:D]

Bruce

Years ago... early '70s, I bought an ST-120 and and ST-70 from a friend of mine. He had built both.

Around 1978 I sold the SS ST-120 to a guy I worked with. He was happy (until his cat took a leak on it). I am happier that I still have my ST-70. Big Smile

Bruce

At least the cat had good taste.

Dave

Not sure I understand the original question. The SS Dynaco 120 really is a bad sounding amp. To add to the confusion, Bob Latino builds and sells in either kit or wired form , what he calls a ST-120. It is a 60 watt a side stereo tube amp built on a reproduced ST-70 chassis.

Josh

Not sure I understand the original question. The SS Dynaco 120 really is a bad sounding amp. To add to the confusion, Bob Latino builds and sells in either kit or wired form , what he calls a ST-120. It is a 60 watt a side stereo tube amp built on a reproduced ST-70 chassis. Josh

I was talking about the ss 120, but sounds like everyones opinion says it sucks.

thanks for all the input guys.