Marantz 2252B---WOW!

willland

I just scored a Marantz 2252B for $125.00. Everything functions properly and all lights work. A little dusty inside but mint condition with no scratches. I never would have dreamed 52w would blow me away the way this receiver does. I currently have it hooked up to my KG4's(sold to Clermontcop) and am having seller's remorse. Just kidding, I would not do that. No sub and you would not even know it. When Marantz is often described as "warm sounding", I now know what that means. This will be what will drive my Forte's when the KG4"s are gone.

Bill

Aaughrrrr, now you make me want to get the Marantz 6003 so bad I can taste(?) it. You suck.[:'(]

Just make sure your not confusing the "warmth" from a nice old vintage piece from Marantz vs a modern day Marantz receiver. You will not experience the same sound.

Willland,

Congrats on the new Marantz... [H] Even better is the price, man that was a great deal... [Y]

I know what you mean about the 52 watts from these old Marantz. I have the 2238B hooked up to Cornwalls and I can hear it thru two floors, that's not even turned up all the way.

Congrats again and enjoy...

James