Question about the SR8002 Marantz

MistaChy

• Moderators

when i turn the thing on, i dont get audio until i get from the bottom (-71) till i reach about -47. then i dont get a good decent listening volume until i reach -15 or -10. theres only a little more ways to climb after that. my system isnt getting loud enough soon enough... and when i crank it up to +15... its loud but that just cant be all this thing has.

I've yet to get to the + side of mine. - 8 is as high as I'm willing to go in fear of blowing my windows out. [:D]

when i turn the thing on, i dont get audio until i get from the bottom (-71) till i reach about -47. then i dont get a good decent listening volume until i reach -15 or -10. theres only a little more ways to climb after that. my system isnt getting loud enough soon enough... and when i crank it up to +15... its loud but that just cant be all this thing has.

I've yet to get to the + side of mine. - 8 is as high as I'm willing to go in fear of blowing my windows out. Big Smile

I got some temporary rf-82's being delivered tomarrow but right now I'm pushing some polk audio 15's and I'm not feeling the thunder :( I envy u right about now. My rc-6c isn't even loud. Something is a miss definately

My rc-6c isn't even loud. Something is a miss definately

i think you have it on 5.1ch or a dolby setting you need to be playing music through the stereo setting, (your center should have no sound coming through) just the 2 fronts and sub if you run a full surround setting like 5.1 it wont get half as loud as the stereo setting

Yes I've tried stereo... many times, and cranked it up... but it just ain't hittin like it should. It has to be something else. I've tried numerous surround and stereo and my 300 dollar sony was louder. I'm doin something wrong.

I do like to try the music suround sound settings a lot though. My pesonal fav is "neo6 music". I have to have near full volume before the speaker really starts to move though. The stereo sounds okay but its not loud. I won't go deaf anytime soon that's for sure.

• Moderators

Your previous speakers probably had a much lower sensitivity rating meaning they took more power to drive them. Klipsch are highly efficient speakers with high sensitivity which means you can drive them well, even with a 20 watt amp. Glad your ears are bleeding...I think....

FYI, you still have Klipsch mispelled in your signature. [;)]

welll my center channel got really low. audessey loves to make my center and fronts "large", so i manually change them back to small. it sounds good but i ahve to turn it up to hear vocal audio, then when heavy action takes place my whole room shakes cause the volume is so high. any ideas?

when im doing the audessey setup, it doesnt let me change the cross over frequencies... everything says "auto" when i do a results check.

im puzzelled or is that how its suposed to sound

Blu-Ray discs have a very high dynamic range so that peak volume scenes are capable of being played much louder than scenes with normal volume such as talking.

After you run Audyssey you can go into the Graphic EQ menu and change the EQ frequencies to your liking. The results menu won't let you do it but after you save the results you can change them.

LOL... i wouldnt have never noticed that minor detail Surprise must have been drunk off gatoraid when i wrote that sig.

my audio source is surround sound mp3's and directv music channels. ill do the auddyssey and see if that fixes it. i thought for sure i did it right manually, but well see. thanks for the advice

While you're at it, it's spelled coming, not comming.