JBL 2404 and Beyma CP25 cheek orientation

Ki Choi

Has the baby cheek orientation when mounting the JBL 2404 or CP-25 been discussed?

ALK's photo shows the cheeks oriented vertically with one cheek on top and the other on the bottom.

However, I see JBL speaker photos show the cheeks mounted horizontally, one on left and one on right.

I would assume to follow the trachorn configuration for sound dispersion, the horizontal mounting of the cheeks is more apporpriate.

Thanks,

Ki

I don't recall if the dispersion is 90x90 or 100x100 but I think regardless of the number, it's about the same in both directions and doesn't make a difference?

I had mine 'horizontal'.

I've got a pair of ST-350's (similar shaped unit) on my EV Interface D speakers and those came from the factory horizontal.

Try it both ways... I sat mine on top of the speaker for some trials...could never tell a difference so went with how the factory did my ST-350's

There was a lebgthy thread about this a while back. The 2404 should be oriented with the butt horizontal, i.e. "sitting" butt. The Beyma's butt should be vertical, or "lying on it's side" butt. I just read somwhere recently that in Japan, they do not refer to these horns as butt cheeks, but rather reference a specific part of the female anatomy.

If you look closely at the JBL 2404,,You will see a diffraction slot,,That should be mounted vertically,,Butt cheeks then will be left and right of the slot.. On the BEYMA it does not matter,,,Its not a true butt.

You had said, "On the BEYMA it does not matter", which isn't true. I was simply pointing out that it matters less with the 2404 since it's 100 x 100.

Dean it really doesn't matter with the Beyma since anyway you mount it it's still going to sound like sh!t [;)]