JubScalas who has them to ask questions

rmlowz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both: the Crown XTi series are stereo amps with an integrated digital signal processor (DSP) to do the active crossover/EQ functions.

Chris

seems you can also get these used? like ebay, and other sources?

If you are referring to the Crown XTi's--yes. I'd recommend the EV Dx38 route (or EV DC-One) even though the initial cost is higher--Dx38s can periodically be had on ebay for about 1/3 of list price. There are also other digital crossovers out there, like Ashley and Yamaha, but at higher prices.

The K-402/K-69-A horns on ebay? Not likely--I've only seen one pair go on ebay in three years.

Chris

Turbox, I got my K510 tweeters (also known as KPT904HF) in slightly used condition from another forum member, but used ones are extremely rare, so you'll probably have to order new ones. Since they're not part of the regular consumer line, most dealers won't know anything about them.

The person at Klipsch to speak to for any Jubilee-related items is Roy Delgado. PWK and Roy designed and developed the Jubilee, and Roy later engineered the JubScala variant. All that stuff is part of the Pro Theater line. Let us know how you make out.

You can send me a private message (PM) if you have any further questions.

I think that "buy it now" price is much too high. I'd offer something in the range of $400-500 (USD) max., or simply wait since pro outfits are selling their Dx38s, apparently due to the appearance of the DC-One (2 in - 6 out) units that effectively save one space in a pro rack.

Chris

Turbox, to add to what Chris has said... I personally bought one Dx38 on ebay for $400 and two more for $500 (each). Someone might buy that one for $895...indeed, I might as well if I were looking for one and it included shipping (instead of adding $49 more for shipping). It's still better than retail. I paid $1,250 for my first Dx new from the dealer [:$]. I didn't even think of looking at ebay.

I'm no expert but the times I've been watching them on Ebay they seem to have gone for $600 to maybe $650 until that glut of seven came at once (some dummy put 4 up on ebay while there were already 3 others). I realized that was probably a buying opportunity and bought three of them and immediately resold two of the three to other guys (at the same price I bought them).

Guest Anonymous

I found another one here for about $400. i guess i could buy this one, and wait for another one to come available. i would need a pair.

Guest Anonymous

I think i am going to pull the trigger on the 402's now. i have to get them before they are no longer available.

i also sent the guy a pm who has the $400 EV-DX38. i can just wait for another one i guess.

• Moderators

I think i am going to pull the trigger on the 402's now. i have to get them before they are no longer available.

i also sent the guy a pm who has the $400 EV-DX38. i can just wait for another one i guess.

Good move, your going to love them. imo

I found another one here for about $400. i guess i could buy this one, and wait for another one to come available. i would need a pair.

Are you sure? How many speakers will you be driving? One Dx38 will feed 2 two-way speakers. Like the Jubilee, the JubScala is a 2-way speaker, not 3-way like a regular La Scala.

Back in the day, two drivers were needed to cover the mid and treble range, but the K-69 driver with the K402 or K510 horn covers the range from 470Hz all the way to 19-20,000Hz with no problem. Having only one crossover frequency means only one source of possible phase irregularities instead of two. This is a good thing.

The Dx is 2-channel in, 4-channel out, meaning Left and Right channel in, Left and Right Bass out, Left and Right Treble out.

The signal path is as follows: source (disc player, turntable, hard drive, iPod, TV, VCR, whatever) to pre-amp or receiver to Dx38 to 2 stereo power amps (one for Bass Left and Bass Right, one for Treble Left and Treble Right). You could also use 4 mono power amps, but they tend to be pricey.

One power amp is directly connected to the woofers (meaning you disconnect the speakers' crossovers) and the other power amp is connected directly to the tweeters. With no transformers, capacitors or any other power-absorbing, distortion-producing components between the amps and the speakers, the amps have more precise control over the woofers and tweeters and you get a cleaner and more powerful sound.

For music, your two bi-amped main speakers will provide all the clean sound you need. If you're using a multi-channel receiver or integrated amp, its power amp will drive the centre speaker and the surrounds, which should be plenty good sound for centre vocals and surround effects.

You could go bi-amped all the way around, but the price adds up fast and the benefits are less obvious than with the main speakers.

Guest Anonymous

Are you sure? How many speakers will you be driving? One Dx38 will feed 2 two-way speakers. Like the Jubilee, the JubScala is a 2-way speaker, not 3-way like a regular La Scala.

Back in the day, two drivers were needed to cover the mid and treble range, but the K-69 driver with the K402 or K510 horn covers the range from 470Hz all the way to 19-20,000Hz with no problem. Having only one crossover frequency means only one source of possible phase irregularities instead of two. This is a good thing.

The Dx is 2-channel in, 4-channel out, meaning Left and Right channel in, Left and Right Bass out, Left and Right Treble out.

So that tells you what i knew about the EV DX38. I've always only had 3 way speakers with a passive Crossover. I've never had a two way speaker that needed an active crossover/amp like this.

Maybe you can also help me answer this question, Why would the Jubilee be offered as a three way system?

Would it be better to go with a three way cinema Jubilee or the two way as we have discussed here?

Maybe you can also help me answer this question, Why would the Jubilee be offered as a three way system?

Would it be better to go with a three way cinema Jubilee or the two way as we have discussed here?

The 3-way Jubilee allows for the much higher volume needed in pro theatre applications (like a theatre with hundreds of seats versus your living room), but the 2-way is more than enough for home use, while being relatively more compact and less expensive.

The 2-way home Jubilee uses the tweeter from the 3-way, installed in the K402 midrange horn. The 3-way's tweeter horn and mid driver are deleted. The bass horn and drivers are the same.

Unless you have more than 100 people at a time regularly listening to your system, the 2-way is all you need. One forum member is using 2-way Jubilees in his restaurant for recorded and live music, with very good results. One guest was heard to say that he wished he'd bought a pair of speakers like that instead of his new truck. That kind of says it all.

Guest Anonymous

The 2-way home Jubilee uses the tweeter from the 3-way, installed in the K402 midrange horn. The 3-way's tweeter horn and mid driver are deleted. The bass horn and drivers are the same.

Do i need to request anything special. i spoke to Roy by email, he hooked me up with Another guy that deals with Cinema equipment.

As i mentioned they quoted $1067 but didnt mention this. i just sent them another email to clarify before i order.

Do i need to request anything special. i spoke to Roy by email, he hooked me up with Another guy that deals with Cinema equipment.

You probably talked to Chuck. Regardless, just be clear with what you want to do. They've done it before. You'll probably get an invoice when you get billed so just look at it. Ask if any questions. If they send you the wrong configuration (has happened before) they'll get it straightened out....won't be the end of the world. They sent the wrong driver to Ralph in London. He's taken care of now.

At one point this was a total special order. Since then, I think they have created a SKU number for this configuration. If true, then it should help minimize a mistake. Keep us posted! (like I think you won't!)

Guest Anonymous

You probably talked to Chuck.

yes, sure was. Roy mailed back, there's no confusion here, were on the same page. Its the right horn, K402/K69A tweeter.

Guest Anonymous

I think they have created a SKU number for this configuration.

Your right again, I checked my quote that was sent, it has a part number assigned to it

Description KPT-402-HF Horn w/ K69A Installed.

Part Number: 97074000001