Need to sell some amps,but which ones? no tube's ,sorry.

Steve R

I'll be moving soon and need to lighten the load ,but I can't decide what to sell so I wanted to see what more knowledgeable Klipsch fans had to say. Over the last 3 years my amp collection has grown thru good deals and trades and now I need to decide with ones stay and which ones go. Currently I have two pair's of Hearsy 1's ,2 LaScala bins, Eventualy I want some Khorns but not yet. Now on to the amps . I have 1 Mistubishi DA-A15DC 150wattsx2@8Ohm's ,1 Caver A500X 250 wattsx2@8Ohm's , 1 Carver TFM - 25 225 wattsx2@8Ohm's , 1 Yamaha P2250 170 wattsx2@8Ohm's , 2 Yamaha P2050's 50watts x2@8Ohm's .I would like to what you guy's and girls think of these amps paired with Klipsch speakers,and over all Quality of sound and build. Thanks I advance, Steve R.

Steve,

"Horns love tubes" is in his signature, that wasn't his answer to your question. His advice was the same suggestion that I was going to offer, which is to hook your amps up to your speakers and keep the ones that sound the best to you. You know, the old fashioned way.

• Moderators

Thanks for the answers guys' I too think the Carver's sound a little harsh with the Heresy's,Oddly enough the Yamaha is the quitest of the bunch.

I was going to ask how much you wanted for the Yamaha's, sorry no help with your question, never had any of those.

• 3 weeks later...

do you have 2 receivers with pre-outs/main ins

i've heard of people using 1 receiver as a preamp which may help

before i could buy a tube a tube preamp i used my harman kardon receiver as a peramp for my tube amp and it really sounded quite good

who knows unless someone here can say why you shouldn't

I had a Mitsubishi 'DC' amp (30w, I think) a while back and its one of the better sounding SS amps I've played with. I liked it better than a couple of McIntosh SS amps (MC-250, 2100) - nicer soundstage and transients though not quite as deep on the bass. I sold it to a friend who still uses it and he's quite satisfied. Just my 2 cents.