Welcome to the Vintage Vault

Thump, Kerry King Kevin that setup is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Love the Marshalls too.

I am trying to figure out why my posts don't separate in paragraphs when I click post. It just strings along. I didn't write it out this way intentionally.

You are correct...Kerry King or KFK as he says!

slayer-kerry-king.jpg

For your problem...If you are using Safari this would explain your issues with formating text. Safari is my favorite but it doesn't work well with this Forum. I would try Firefox if you don't want to use MS IE Explorer.

Hmmm....is the outer permiter of those Marshall stacks completely empty? Surprise I'm actually surprised to see two mics up there!

KFK doesn't look like he plays music at all.... Wink

Mike, yes. Actually, at least with many of the gigs I've been involved with, especially if the band was doing something for promo ~ a video for instance ~ most the "big" stage rig cabinets were empty ~ just props [:D]

Hey Prof Thump. Great thread. I guess I'll have to start posting here. By now, I suspect pretty much all my stuff is "vintage" LOL. Hmm, where shall I start? Maybe an old Kustom or Standel rig? or a couple of Fender Coronados?

It looks like he's wearing sweatpants(or tights) with leather chapsTongue Tied

Good thing he's wearing sweatpants........

I dunno if this flys for "vintage", but I took a cheap Sears Silvertone hot-chassis, single-ended 50C5 amplifier, and converted the circuit into a "Micro-Champ". It uses a 6AQ5/6005 output tube. I'm thinking seriously of pulling that ugly grill cloth and replacing it with black.

post-6643-1381951293148_thumb.jpg

With a actual PS transformer, there wasn't much room. It was tight. Vintage guitar chassis, case and spare parts.

I have a perforated metal back panel, to cover the back of the innards.

The PS xformer is from a FM signal generator. The single-ended 6BQ5 output transformer is from a Motorola 3-channel console stereo. The speaker driver is a 8" Motorola/Jensen "Golden Voice" fullrange. It may not be the optimum driver for the application, but it sounds good.

Output tube is a 6005, the rectifier tube is a 6X4. The driver tube is a 12AX7.

I don't have a guitar, but I have a somewhat decent keyboard I've used with the amp. It's got a nice creamy scream, with some rather nice clipping sounds when pushed.

post-6643-1381951293241_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

As per my post this setup is in the middle of a renovation. As configured when this pic was taken, the small speaker was part of a 2-channel system i used to listen to practice tracks when I didn't want to disturb anyone. The large monitors were part of a 5.1 surround system. It sounded great. Like I said this space is being redone as I type this so I will post pics when it is complete that shows the entire setup. By the way with a moniker like Prof. Thump you must be a pretty good low ender.

By the way with a moniker like Prof. Thump you must be a pretty good low ender.

I think he's been described as something of a bass freak? And yet there's a rumor that over the past summer that he commented about Colterphoto's rig having almost too much bass..... though he had been out in the sun a bit.

Nice looking basses. Even though you've told us you're not the Ron Carter bassist who's well known you must be a reasonably serious bass player. That should be a great man cave when it's finished.

• 1 month later...