VIP passes to Buddy guy/ Jonny Lang- 6-24

Holy s---!!!!!! I got 2 VIP Passes to Buddy Guy / jonny lang in Atlanta for the concert this week!!!! also bought 2 more on the 4th row

Man am I JACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!Taking my 16 year old son to his first concert

Does it get any better?????? I will report back- WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got tickets for buddy in Montreal on the 2nd of July as well!!!!!! Going to be a heck of a 2 weeks for live music!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had talked myself out of it my self out of it because I was going to the Montreal show next week. But I was realy sick- thinking of missing buddy and jonny on the same stage and this opportunity felll out of the sky at the last minute. Actually found 2 more tickets on e-bay 4th row for 200 for the pair. Headed out around lunch to make the drive. Apparently you can bring your own food and beer/wine/liquior to this section of the place. cant wait.

Side note- If you like funky blues- Wandering this world- jonny lang is a must have. Very well recorded and not one bad song on the CD. One of my top 5 favorites out of several hundred CDs.

Wander this world- 1998 release- A&M records- available at best buy or any music store- 13 .00 off amazon. Don't expect Robert Johnson or B B king. Gutteral gravely hard rock type of funky blues. With -track# 3 sounding like something off Kool and the gang or Tower of power. Heavy black influence. I keep expceting to hear Al Green to break out with some backup vocals on the slow songs. I can't stop playing it. My reference CD whenever somewants to hear the K horns with the Mcintosh. PLAY IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!

As for the rest- "Lie to me"- 1996- A&M and "Kid Jonny Lang & the big bang- Smokin"-1995- can't find a record label - blue sky artists???- somewhat challenging to find but worth the search. These 2 are definite buys. The others are hit and miss- "long time Coming' did not cut it for me.

I am pretty sure Jonny lang was in some Klipsch ads a while back??????????? Anybody know for sure???

How can anydody not love Buddy Guy??? unless they hate music in general.

Wow sorry to hear that. Maybe you were expecting something different- off night- or who knows The deal in Atlanta was a no holds barred open container- no restrictions- wild @ss party atmosphere. I have never seen so much booze at at a concert. I gave my all areas passes to a customer and sat on the 4 th row at a private table with 4 others sharing wine food liquior and conversation. Had to watch my comsumption level due to driving issues- wish I had a DD for that one. Jonny got off to kind of a slow start with some kind of sound board issues but after the 2nd slow song- it was on. Burned the house down with his guitar. When Jonny and his band finished left the stage people started booing and throwing wine corks when the roadies started moving his stuff out for Buddy when they saw that no encore was coming

Buddy was phenominal as usual. A very long version of "hootiche Coochie man" which set the tone for the evening. He did his walk through the crowd during a 20 minute long cut. He cursed the promoters repeatedly for booking a show with a 11:00 curfew. He was having a good time himself and obviously wanted to keep playing. Buddy was very accessible after the show- signed several guitars- gave my son a pick which made his day.

Except for the 11:00 curfew I hightly reccomed Chastain park ampithheatre in Buckhead/Atlanta. . You can bring you own food/alcohol/drinks. I did not see anyone cause problems. Everyone was extremely freindly and i did not see any sketchy types causing trouble as I have in other places.

I will see Buddy again in Montreal in 1 week. For 50 cents and a dare I would drive to Myrtle beach- House of Blues tonite to see Jonny again.