Should I trade up?

MistaChy

If you want "complete" synergy in your system, then the answer is definitely yes. I just upgraded from a 62 to a 64 to match my 63's and there is a difference. Don't get me wrong, the RC-62 is a fantastic center channel. The RC-64 added more depth and refinement and is perfectly tonally matched to the RF-63's and 83's as well.

Bill

A fellow forum member asking if he should upgrade. Do you actually think someone will say no????

ive heard the term overkill mentioned once or twice in the past [;)]

i just figured since i wasnt getting anywhere near maximum output of the rc62... maybe getting the rc64 probably was a waste. but whats this i hear about synergy? im basic.... some one please explain.

and when you say depth... do you mean warmth bassyness in the vocals?

but whats this i hear about synergy? im basic.... some one please explain.

Synergy defined from Wikipedia.

Synergy (from the Greek syn-ergos, συνεργ?ς meaning working together) is the term used to describe a situation where different entities cooperate advantageously for a final outcome. Simply defined, it means that the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts. Although the whole will be greater than each individual part, this is not the concept of synergy. If used in a business application it means that teamwork will produce an overall better result than if each person was working toward the same goal individually.

• A dynamic state in which combined action is favored over the sum of individual component actions.

The RC-64 was designed from the ground up to work in conjunction with either the RF-63's or the RF-83's.

It is not mandatory that you upgrade to the RC-64, but IMHO you will hear a difference.

Bill

The RC 64 particulary with outboard power is so good that it is a must have for any high end reference system. There is more to this speaker than is indicated on charts and comparison data. The speaker has a great tonal quality- it is gin clear with the voices and sound effects. It moves a ton of air and has a "presence" that I just do not hear in any other center speaker in the klipsch refernece line or comparable brands. I will get slammed for saying this but IMHO- this is THE BEST piece of equipment in thr reference line. I had to sell mine to fix a horn mismatch and I miss it.

With all of the stuff you are aquiring- This should be a 2 second decision

BUY IT. It is that good.