Great songs to blast on your sub

justin_tx_16

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm...

are you sure HDCDs won't work unless you have an HDCD decoder?

I have a CD that I'm pretty sure is genuine HDCD and I can play it, and from what I've read everywhere when you don't have an DCD decoder, it just reads it like a normal CD, and you don't get the additional benefit, but it still works.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

yes it is, since it's backwards compatible, they don't come out with two identical versions.

and I don't think HDCDs really are more expensive than the rest, the one I have I didn't pay more for at the time.

the average HDCD price may be higher, but i think it's just a correlation, as more exotic audiophile recordings will be HDCD and will have higher prices at the same time.

besides, apparently there isn't a real major difference...

hey, do Denon receivers decode HDCD?

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

i almost ordered it... i am in the check out line haha. tell me if it is worth it, then i will get it Smile.gif thanks Boa Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I'm with you Boa! I too have ordered as a test of faith in TheEar(s)... but I expect it will prove not to be a pain somewhat lower.

First of all, I sure wouldn't want to miss "Schwanda the Bagpiper" played on a Potato Chip Organ! Did you realize that Schwanda was one of the great ideas that just missed the final cut for "Fantasia 2000"... I mean we are talking near universal fame here!

The Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center is an $81.5 million design by I.M. Pei, with acoustics by Russell Johnson. The focus of attention in the 2,062-seat auditorium is often the Lay Family Organ (Lay's Potato Chips), a huge instrument custom-made by the C.B. Fisk Co. of Massachusetts. The building is a marvel with massive moving blocks of cement that can tailor the acoustics to a given performance. Meyerson was a primary force in getting the hall built... and is best known as the right hand man for H. Ross Perot in building his billions. I've never heard a bad concert there and don't expect this one to be the first... albeit recorded rather than live.

I left Fort Worth before their Hall was completed... it was supposed to out do the Meyerson and was primarily built with Bass oil money... like much of revitalized downtown Fort Worth... one of my favorite U.S. cities. Big Dallas and "little" Fort Worth are about 30 miles apart and their respective "moneyed folks" are intense rivals.

I'm eager to here what your ears say, Boa. (I'd call you Mike, but I know a lotta Mikes... but just one Boa... well in human form anyway... some of my best friends best friends are boas.)

Check it out cwm13.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-02-2002 at 10:59 AM

Hey Manuel, sorry I didn't reply quicker. The Boards of Canada song is track 20 (Diving Station), yes wierd name. I don't know if an MP3 would do it justice, its a piano piece with some subsonic bass in it. I also like the next track for bass, track 21 (You Could Feel the Sky). They are both very bizarre songs, so don't pass judgement on me! I like the whole CD, but, again, it is of upmost wierdness (lots of kiddie voices popping up throughout the songs and the whole CD is supposed to sound like the documentarys in 1970's schools. Their first CD, Music has the Right to Children, also has this 1970's feeling) and there is a lot of "noise", but if you sit back and listen to it all the way through, it gets king of interesting.

I do listen to other stuff, so don't think I am as wierd as this music, well, I am sort of... Thats for the courts to decide!

I found a small sample of Pomp & Pipes. Just open your realplayer and paste this in location while logged on to the internet: http://mfile.akamai.com/3196/rm/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/us_rm/05 00/54395_1_01.ram?obj=v10616

Most of my music is 80's stuff but from time to time I like to hear some good classical music. I just might buy this one since it comes highly recommended.

This message has been edited by montigue on 03-04-2002 at 02:26 AM

Actually, the lower pain referred to was a human anatomical ploy... rather than some other Hz. The acoustics in the Meyerson are about the best I have heard in U.S. symphony halls.

I knew the Meyersons in my Dallas days... in fact the Mrs. side of that delightful down-to-earth marital equation was then a real estate broker who nearly convinced me to buy an estate just down the street from the Perot estate... but, in the end I opted for the more casual environs and less traffic jams of Fort Worth about 35 miles west.

Seriously, 'Ears, I do find many of your observations to be more than entertaining and, that, coupled with my "hearing aid-less" experience with that particular hall and organ fills me with great anticipation... and the prospect of feeling once again the bottom scraping bass that is that is a signature quality of the Meyerson.cwm32.gif HornEd