Great songs to blast on your sub

justin_tx_16

Your not WIERD, you the best!

The US list price for the PW-2200 is $799, $400 is good. Although I do not want to sound like a jerk, I am glad I live in the USA and have well-priced access to SO MUCH audio and other consumer gear. Look at bhphotovideo.com, it's amazing what you can get in the US (and Canada, really.) Imagine living in Africa or Central Asia and having to travel to get simple gear, or pay 2-5X the price to get it to you.

In England, it could be difficult to find even simple HAND TOOLS! It is unbelievable that that country could function. I even went to PROFESSION TRADESMAN stores and they didn't have **** ! They must order a lot of US gear and PAY for it!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

ok here's the lowest price i found.

don't know about the big secret shipping charge though.

think i'll get it. better be good ears.
Wink.gif

so.. has it come in yet?! Smile.gif :eager:

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by mike stehr:

It's out of stock, Justin.

well dang'it haha

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Good the word is around,Pomp & Pipes is a great quality demo and an ideal disk to show off your sub bass system(s).

All who heard my tin systems are in shock(shock of masive SPL)and awed by the quality of this recording.

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I really need to order it, just keep putting it off. Is the music gay and happy, or more formal-like?

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Ken,

"Is the music gay and happy, or more formal-like?"

cwm27.gif

Not its not fruitcake music

You order the CD and listen..."Is the music gay and happy" NO IT IS NOT...happy now? LOL

Is your JBL sub gay and happy, or more formal-like?

Now,you GO girl

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 03-08-2002 at 09:19 AM

here's one:various chapters of yes@the house of blues,some fav's:opening song;also in the 'extras' the 5.1 version of 'the ladder' toward the end there is some sustained deep bass. check it out,great concert,done in hd on directv.avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15 in the house!!

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 7200 dishplayer satellite receiver/digital bitstream recorder

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood

That's got a little bass in it.

------------------

My hodge-podge of equipment

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

Gorillaz has some good stuff. I don't like some of the stupid, "Pop" rap, but some of the more musical, well-planned rap (even, gansta) can force you to crank the sub and tap your feet.

I just love my techno. Orbital, Chemical Brothers, Boards of Canada (favorite), AUTECHRE (favorite), Plaid, FSOL (Future Sound of London), Prodigy, Radiohead (so, so), and some good Goth, by Gossamer. You want bass? Get some of these CD's!

I would recommend you download (MP3, for free, don't buy a CD on my advice!!!) Eggshell, Basscadet, and 444 by Autechre. They are all off the Incunabula CD. This is their FIRST CD and was released in 1994. The amzing thing is that they were making full CD's on the computer in 1993-4! Go onto Amazon and look at Autechre CD reviews. This album (see above) and Tri Repetae++ (a double, with 2, 70 min. CD's) are the two best albums I have ever heard. They are wierd, but the bass is AMAZING and the CLENLINESS of the recordings are AMAZING! If I will blow up my system, it will be with Autechre. It is so clean, that it is not HARSH to listen to. As we all know, some music is NOT good to crank up, this stuff is.

Techno/electronic music (my stuff) is very palitable music once you get used to the idea of a CD with no singing that is made on a computer!

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Ken,

The music I listen most to is electronic/techno and anything around it.Yes it does make the subs work

I dont listen to bull crap audiophiles CD's much,I find most of these CD's audiophile BS.Who cares the recording is so well done you can hear the musicians cough,talk and fart.Even toilets flushed a mile away apear on the recording and then they make a demo CD with the label "now at 4:25 listen to the toilet flush,listen to its delicate detail"

LOL

BTW I'll check AUTECHRE,if its as good I'll let you know.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Ohhh, Autechre! Some songs are somewhat lame, but if you listen to the whole album, the first time, all the way through, just wait to the end and see what you think. Some of their new stuff (EP 7, Confield) are so aggressive, they are almost unlistinable, I will not listen to them while anyone else is home, as it is very wierd to walk in while I am listening to a "piece of static." Anyway, get songs, or the two albums I recommended, if you can tolerate them, start moving towards EP7 and Confield, as it is impossible to get those and enjoy them unless you know what the music is for.

Chemical Brothers and Orbital are MUCH more mainstream, and palitable. Autechre is an acquired taste, like CALIFORNIA sourdough bread or grits, so precede with caution.

EAR: what is Quebec like? I have free Southwest tickets and I may go to Detroit this summer, rent a car and head to Toranto, then Montreal, then Quebec. Then drive back down to New York City to get home from Islip airport. Is that area pretty (Quebec part at least)? Is there anything good to see? You live there, so what are your two cents? Thanks!

------------------

I have a couple of DVD-A's that constantly clip the Samson amp hooked up to my single 20-39CS (can't wait to get the new driver for this as well as the second sub).

Like Gary Graley mentioned in an earlier post, the Blue Man Group's "Audio" DVD-A puts out some serious bass! When listening at moderate levels (95db), I have to turn the bass channel down in order for the amp not to clip. I also have Bach's "Organ Works" in DVD-A format and it too puts out some killer bass. Anything by Enya will rattle the walls and as mentioned earlier, Yes at the House of Blues in DD 5.1 has some bass-worthy tracks...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Mike is that the Samson S-700?

------------------

Klipsch 5.2 mains

Klipsch 4.2 rears

Klpsch KLF C-7 center

Mitsubishi HD 1080 platinum series tv

Toshiba pro scan DVD audio player

Sony Hi-Fi VCR player

Harman Kardon AVR 65 receiver

SVS 20/39 subwoofer w/Samsom S1000 amp

You Take My Breath Away by Sarah Brightman. A must!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

Ken,

What is Quebec like? Cold,frech speaking and mayonaise sold in big jars. LOL And Seb selling Klipsch!

Montreal is like a quiet(crime wise) US city,plenty of things to visit.The Stade Olympique,Vieux Port,down town and a few other places.

There is nothing that may shock or impress here,maybe the fact there is much less crime.And the city is quite clean

Speaking of music

I can listen to almost any electronic music.I will seek Autechre out.Hope it can make my subs break a sweat.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

hey, i had an unexpected trip to seattle & p&p was to be delivered the day after i took off on my 14 hour ride (avoid going thru denver this time of year at all costs - iow don't fly united; happened to me when the delta flight had a mechanical breakdown). & i'm still in seattle so the carrier holding my mail is probably enjoying it now. cwm14.gif

probably is at amazon but go to their discount link to get it cheaper - like for the price i got it, around $18 total w/ ship.

i was hoping horned would be reporting on his review soon. oh ed... cwm35.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Sorry for the delay in the review, Boa, but although I ordered and paid with a credit card from the L.A. company suggested on this thread, "Pomp & Pipes" has yet to make an appearance down these tubes.

Oh, my bank shows that they have collected their money from my bank account, and they have given me a USPS tracking number that has not been used... but maybe I have. They even collected an extra $1.50 for State Tax... I hope the State gets theirs better than I have gotten mine!

And now that they show an out-of-stock... and I show an out-of-bank... and they have auto-answered my queries with cyber-gibberish... I suspect they are like the old fashioned mail order scams that delay shipping your product while they gain interest on your money.

"Caveat Emptor" has been around for a long time... but at least we can share the knowledge on this Forum. Be sure to check the "circumstance" before you order this "pomp and pipedream!"cwm23.gif -HornEd

PS: Boa, I used the link you posted... http://www.vstore.com/cgi-bin/pagegen/vstoremusic/searchcd/page.html?mode=itempage&file=/page/itempagev4/itempage.spl&prodID=1677366&catID=23379 and I do have the plumbing (i.e., an HDCD player)... just short the "Pipes." The mystery shipping charge turned out to be less than others I have encountered. I'll bet the music is great... but the vendor is definitely suspect! Ordered and paid in February and still it's not Marching this way!

Watch out friends one Forum cwm5.gif is one too many! H.E.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-20-2002 at 07:24 PM