Great songs to blast on your sub

justin_tx_16

Wow, Ear(s), I never thought of why my Canadian friends kept saying "ay"... I need to speak up.

THANKS EARS, I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER THAT! "ay" THANKS EARS... I WILL TRY TO REMEMBER THAT!!!

Oops, someone left your new avatar on my reply cwm31.gif Musta' been all that multiple woofin' you been doin' in the whee hours, ay. HornAyEd

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, thanks for finding me. My high speed link was cut in a construction error down the road. Oddly enough I can receive email at eddennis@msn.com over the rcn link that is giving you the error message.

Strange business... and now they tell me they will lay new fiber optics for the third time to solve the problem. RCN was funded by the co-founder of Microsoft as a state-of-the-art high speed fiber-optic link that sends out message perfectly... but allows only a competitors messages to be received with any certainty. Go figure.

It's time we caught up with one another, Tom. As usual, I look forward to a subhuman reply. HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS,

FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE "THEATER OF THE MIND" STAGE...

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center

'83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '93 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. undetermined

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge

vandalized... but soon to be "On the Road Again!" Willie.

has anyone gotton their cd yet? pomps and pipes... how is it? worth the money?

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Justin,

For those with real subwoofers its well worth it.Your ProMedia or LoudMedia like I call them cannot do any justice to Pomps & Pipes.

The LoudMedia "subwoofer" err read bass module has no output below 25Hz(or its so weak its a joke).You need a real sub subwoofer with bass to 16Hz with POWER(power to me is at least 100dB at 16Hz,not many subs can even claim this).

So Pomps & Pipes will be enjoyed by SVS Ultra,SC and CS Plus owners.Sunfire Signature,Velodyne HGS 12,15 and 18.And all Aerial Acoustics owners will be in heaven. Smile.gif

Oh ok I am back...

Just went to listen to P & P on my HT Klipsch/Sunfire system...track FOUR at 13seconds the mayhem starts.

cwm3.gif

Good lord the Sunfire subs cones fly.The Big pipe organs are impressive but only the MarkII and Signatire do any good here...the Junior says HELP.

went to listen to P & P in my large system!

cwm44.gif

WOHA now the full scale can be heard and felt with awesome power!

The whole room is energised with monster abyss bass.

No no damn multimedia system can even do any justice to track four in Pomps & Pipes.

Justin you better get some SVS Ultras and a beefy amp or at least a Velodyne HGS-18.

Just a warning listen to the whole Pomps & Pipes CD at realistic volume if you can.You will be amazed,if not your ears have a severe roll off from 30Hz down.

Not only is the sub bass majestic the whole CD is so well recorded and the quality is up to Reference Recordings high standards.Like Chesky,Audio Quest and JVC, ReferenceRecordings is top of the pack audio quality.And only bthe best systems will enable you to be there.I know I was Smile.gif Ah thanks Dynaudio and Aerial..

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 03-05-2002 at 08:47 PM

oh i know it for sure will just murder my promedia sumwoofer! LoL! but my neighbor has a $47,000 home theater and i would like to test it out on that, once it is all finished.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

hey justin is that that mrs. robinson who u were helpin out w/ the sys design?
Wink.gif
which subs are they (& the rest of the sys for that matter)? thanks.

yes, that was haha Smile.gif i honestly can't say right now, they have not come in yet. she ran 12 guage wire in the walls for up to 12 surround speakers (just in case) and i am thinking about getter her some bass shakers.. do you suggest that? i decided, with the advice of you guys here, to step out of her way and let a pro take over. she got a guy from some cinema company to design everything. it is still in the works (had a small fire during the process... kinda slowed things down a tad). as of right now she has done some serious lighting in the room. black lights that are hidden in eaves, fiber optic star field above the viewers (inspired by a ht i saw from this guy in europes webpage that was linked to from here Smile.gif), lasers that draw things that you put in the computer to draw (primitive to the ones at new years haha) and of course, a big glittering ball in the center (comes down for movies, there for dancing). on teh walls we are thinking of putting drapes all the way around with 2 inch bumps constantly... like using a 10 foot stream of fabric for a 6 foot wall, to help keep the sound from echo'ing and help the sound proofing (behind the drapery is egg crate and then doubled sheet rock). the screen is 16x9 (feet!). we are still debating on the projecter and there are still like two of everything that we have to choose one or the other. everything sounds amazing, too hard to choose which! LOL!

right now i don't know what sub she is getting, but i think a SVS in each corner would be nice Smile.gif

when this is finished, i for sure will take pics Smile.gif especially of the control room, it is looking quite nice as it is (though the computer system, lighting control and rack were destroyed in the electical fire Frown.gif)

yeah, it will be great once it is finished... but it is taking a while.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

Justin,

A $47,000 HT system? And what are the components,speakers...subwoofers..amps.What do they have?

All I have is 17 grand worth of subwoofers,they want to compete? Bring it on HornEd wants to compete..bring it on. LOL TV wants to compete...errr wait with all his sonotubes he winns. Wink.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

TheEar(s) the only thing I need to compete with is the satisfaction of my own ears... and for my HT the pair of Ultras have been winners for pure bass enjoyment that can keep pace with everything I have thrown at them.

For whatever it worth, the Ultras replaced five Klipsch subs... a trio of twelve inch subs (for the rear array) and a pair of 15" for the front array.

And the five subs replaced a front and rear 15" subs of an upscale Infinity system that I bought to test Dr. Floyd Toole's White Papers.

I found his White Papers to be very accurate... but in the end, the Klipsch sound blended with the smooth authority of SVS won the day... that is seems to have started a happy continuum.

I have another half dozen that serve more modest functions in computer systems and in the motor home... plus a Rel that has been in the music room. Can I string them together and make a big noise... yeah, I guess so... but that is not my idea of a good time. How much have I spent in the experiments... only my tax accountant knows... because my wallet has never been an accurate predictor of how any speaker will perform.

What I need to do is get rid of the ones that I least prefer. But I shall hold off until I move into the new house. Sometimes I have used lesser subs to cancel out primary subs beyond the listening room. That's something that has been done to make submarines quieter running. But, that's another HornEd chapter in the saga of sound,

And, from what I know about TV, we could combine forces and he would still blow us away. cwm27.gif

I would rather have TV as a friendly advisor committed to my benefit and not my sonic obliteration. Those notions faded fairly quickly after firefights for God & Country were ended with my honorable discharge. I was just macho enough to live... and discover there was more to life in simply living it... rather than laying it on the line.

Yeah, I still have the stomach for war... and the testosterone to make it happen... but I have found far better things to do with my remaining vitality.

You know what you need for your collection, Ears, a French sonic canon that had four big metallic versions of sonotubes on steroids, got down to about 4Hz and was welded to a howitzer chassis.

I understand it wasn't much for music... I never heard it but I did get a fairly close look. It was designed to pour out a wave so low that it would stun human beings and leave equipment intact. It was part of Charles de Gaulle's "Force de Frappe" ... but became a history piece when they couldn't control what happened to the crew when the sound wave hit an object that made it bounce back from whence it came.

It's amazing what we humans are willing to do to one another when we lose sight of the big picture and chase a fantasy. Mind your ears, Ears, so you can enjoy those great Klipsch sounds when you reach my mother's age.

As for me, I've got to get organ-ized... rip open "Pomp & Pipes" and pump up some Meyerson memories of Dallas... and the "organs" you referred to earlier is just one... the fabulous Lay (Potato Chip) Family Organ... a triumph of old and new engineering. HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-06-2002 at 12:11 AM

Ken,

My subs...

Aerial SW12 6000USD

Revel B15 3000USD

Velodyne HGS18 3000USD

Sunfire Sig. 1900USD

Sunfire Mark II 1300USD

Sunfire Junior 900USD

Carver Knight Shadow 700USD

Klipsch KSW15 500USD

Klipsch KSW12 350USD

Now do the simple math and you'll see.

On their way...

SVS SS(two units) 3600USD

JBL Ti-K sub 5000USD

HornEd,

If you notice in my previous post I was joking.Still in my two small rooms I have combined power very few(less than 1% of die hard audiophiles have).

This not counting the amplifier power...

Krell FPB600

Celeste MOON W5

Celeste W4250SE

Celeste W4150SE

Celeste W4070

ATI 2505

ATI 1505

Into 4 Ohms who better? LOL

Power amps on the way...

CinePro 3K6

Sunfire Signature HT amp

Carver TFM-75 sold,Denon 5800 sold and the 3801 on the way OUT.Sunfire Theater Grand II on the way in Smile.gif

I sent ATI an e-mail they should make a 450W(8 Ohms) x 5 power amp,the TheEAR Special Edition.

I enjoy the little war of words I had with TV. Smile.gif

Few audio greats will have arguments with audio lunatics like me.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

how big is your house!? that is a lot of equipment Smile.gif

what would you recommend ears for a sub... i think a single would be best but i think she would go for a double, not sure if her cinema guy has told her what to get sub wise yet.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

EAR and other Canadian/forign audio nuts:

What are the taxes like on imported luxury goods, like audio equiptment? When I lived in England, speakers that were made and sold withing 25 miles of my house were MORE EXPENSIVE than they are here in the USA!!! The same in Austraila, a pair of JBL HLS820's cost about $600 US (like USA), and US equivalent in Tasmania was $1100!!!

I here, EAR, that you like to recommend some Canadian subs to other Canadians because they are the best value if your in Canada. For SVS, how much does it end up costing with taxes and shipping?

Ken,

Well Paradigm and most Canadian products are dirt cheap here.I got a PW2200 for $700 Canadian this is around 400 USD!

US products like Carver,Sunfire,Krell,Klipsch,Audio Research...Aerial and others are overpriced.Its not only the Canadian dollar...there is a extra we pay on top of the exchange rate!

cwm23.gif

As for products from England I can get good deals.

I am what? WIERD

Could be,I am no ordinary peep.A audio lunatic YES

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 03-06-2002 at 11:39 PM