Trouble w/ Jolida CD Player

Hello everyone!

I have been having issues with my Jolida JD-100A CD Player since new. I sent it to Jolida, who said it worked fine, but they replaced a chip anyway, to be sure. It came back and worked for a half hour maybe, and is acting up again.

Today's feat:

It opened the drawer on it's own, then shut off and wouldn't come back on. After unplugging and cycling power a dozen or more times, I got it to come up, and it gave "Err 1" then read the disc.

Any ideas? I have to admit, it's been kinda disappointing with this one. Jolida is supposed to make a good product, but this particular one hasn't worked well for me at all. Sadly, it seems that the mass production companies (Sony, JVC, etc) have great QC, even in their low end stuff, while high end doesn't so much. What gives? I've had Toshiba, Pioneer, Sony, Marantz, etc and all have been WAY more reliable than this, at a fraction of the cost. I don't get it.

I'm really thinking about seeing if I can either get it exchanged through Jolida, or get my money back or something, as it's only a few months old at most- definitely still under warranty.

OH GREAT: It just did it again as I'm typing this! Only this time it's even better! It still says the track listing. Now it went in half way and jammed! POS! The only reason I haven't taken the hammer to this one (usual solution for this problem) is because it's still under warranty. Otherwise I'd off it for sure! It's within arm's reach. So tempting...must resist.

All is not well in Jon's audio house...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Jon

I'm really thinking about seeing if I can either get it exchanged through Jolida,

Jon, I'd want it replaced also. Will the place of purchase help you? I, knock on wood, have had zero problems with mine and vote to keep the make/model albeit a NEW one. Good luck!

I would send it back to Jolida again. Make sure you give them a detailed explanation, and make it clear that if they can't reproduce the problem because of intermittency, they need to make a "best guess". They've already swapped out what they guessed was the offending IC. From the symptoms, it sounds like they need to swap a contoller board (bad processor memory maybe).With all of these SMT boards being manufactured with "no Clean" solder, it may be there's enough contamination on the PCB to cause the player to act up when the conditions are humid. A little moisture goes a long way if the board's dirty.

I have not had any luck with Jolida customer service. The amp I got for my Dad had a problem, he lives near the Jolida office so he dropped it off. 4 weeks later they say they couldn't find anything. I had him send it back to me (east coast to west coast), I got it hooked up and to me it just sounded like a bad tube, so I popped a new one in and it's been fine for years. If they can't diagnose a bad tube, I'm afraid they may have a limited skill set for repairs. I'd push for a new unit if possible.

Thanx, Russ

I had similar problems with mine. Called them up and talked to a guy named Mike. Sent it in and they replaced the power supply and a couple of other things (can't remember). So far, so good......that was about six months ago.

Good Luck.

PS......Don't drop the remote. [:P]

Jon,

Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with your Jolida. Very frustrating! I bought mine used a couple years ago and except for an intermittent skip within the first 90 seconds of play, it has performed well, and sounds great.

If it is under warranty, it should be repaired or replaced with a new unit, either through the dealer or through the manufacturer. Stay away from that hammer! Since it has been returned once and wasn't fixed, maybe you should call Jolida, explain the situation and see if they won't send you a new unit.

Good luck and keep us posted on Jolida's response. Customer support is very important to us all.

Best,

George Roland

May want to talk with the guys at Hotrodaudio in Smyrna, GA. Telephone # 770 433-9434. They are Jolida 100 experts.

That's where I got mine. Just about 5 minutes from work.

Me too Mike.....I got the mini mod. Never had a seconds problem.