What are your predictions on how the Klipsch Reference V speakers will sound?

Kain

We all know that the Reference IV speakers are more mellower and smoother sounding than the Reference III speakers though I have yet to hear the Reference IV speakers. Some liked this and some did not and Klipsch brought back the RF-5 and the RF-7 for (I guess) the people who didn't like the mellower and smoother sound of the Reference IV speakers. Does this mean the Reference V speakers will most likely sound more like the Reference III speakers? What are your predictions? I for one prefer a more mellow and smooth sounding speaker. I do find my speakers a bit bright for music. Many have stated that I need to upgrade my amplification which will tame the brightness. Right now I am trying to decide whether I need different speakers or if I need to upgrade my amplification.

I do find my speakers a bit bright for music.

I'd say your RF-7s might work better with some love from a good amp. Seven channels of "love" might cost a fair bit of cash. Just changing 7 pairs of cables will cost more than the HK receiver. I guess that's why I'm a 2 channel guy. Sorry if I'm not much help but if I was running 7 channels I would be running 7 Quicksilver mini-mites (and the airconditioner). That would be pure tube sweetness with your speaker setup...........

Thanx, Russ