Full HD is in the house!

Oosto

Well I finally bit the bullet and got myself the Sony VPL-HW10 Full HD projector. Wow, what a difference this has made to my home theater experience. I just can't believe how much better the Sony is compared to my old rig. Deep blacks, accurate colour and high rez. I watched one of the Harry Potter movies on HD DVD last night (my son's choice!!!) and I just sat there with a mile-wide smile! What's that saying?... 'like a kid with a new toy!'

Somebody pinch me!

Fantastic Oosto [Y] Congratulations...

I believe the visual part of HT is equally as important as the audio side of things in the overall product, though what some might lack in one can make up in the other. But in your case you seem to have the best of both words. Well done and enjoy [Y]

With the speed that projectors are being improved and how the price is comming down, I think when the bulb on our projector goes out (about 1000 hours on a 2000 hour bulb) we will just replace the whole projector.

Congrats on the new PJ, AWESOME picture to go with your great sound, hard to beat that combo!

Congrats on your new rig! What a great feeling. I have a plama set inmy home and I am finally after 5 years am going to have my rears wired and mounted. My TV is also going to be calibrated in the next few weeks. Can't wait to enjoy the finished product!