Anybody here shoot a crosbow??

I had planned to bowhunt this year but it is not going to happen. I got enough screws- pins- and plates in my body from an injury last year to open up a hardware store (or a scrapyard) and it is taking its toll. The concept of shooting a bow standing up at 40 feet up in a tree just does not work anymore.I can barely standup foe 2 hours at a concert mcuh less manuver around in a tree like Ted Nugent or Tarzan. I am geting a crossbow exemption for the archery season from the state. I have never fired a cross bow and know nothing abut the subject. I am looking to spend about 500.00 on the complete outfit.

Anybody out there use a crossbow?? Suggestions appreciated. TIA

Many states have made corssbows legal; during bow season. i can get a doctors exemption for NC. SC is leagal for all during bow season.

Right about Ohio- Dont have any land there-Ohio along with Illinois and kansas is the holy grail of whitetail hunting. Pipe dream at this point.

I think you can hunt with a crossbow in IN or MI during Deer Gun and also Blackpowder. I have to check again though.

I use to deer hunt religiously with a compound. I started to pick it back up 3 years ago and now I hunt regularly in October in Northern Michigan. The hunting is as good but the location is devine. The deer in Indiana are much bigger but it is harder to find a place to hunt.

I am not sure what kind of CB to recommend for you Win. I suspect you will go through a lot of arrows though. The speed is so fast that it is hard to retrieve your arrows.

I don't know why states don't allow more of this type of hunting. I guess because it is silent but deadly.

Excelsior or something lke that is requires to stop practice arrows.. Used to make car air/oil filters. They will go right through straw. Rough on arrows.I think some models are pushing 400 feet per second- which is hauling @ss for a bow device.