cleanning cane grills

The Dude

Hopefully this is the right place to post, so my 81 Cornwalls have cane grills that I know are original. I was thinking they looked kind of dirty you know like they need a good cleaning. I don't know if they are stained or just from sitting around the last owners house. Any recommendations on this maybe just some good old fashion furniture polish, or is there some special cleaner out there.

thanks

duder

I'm not an expert but I'm a good cleaner. I would vacuum off the crud (gently) with a brush attachment, then I would wipe with a damp (not wet) sponge. The cane will show a yellowing from age but it adds to the charm.

Thanx, Russ

can't get the original anymore but wendell fabrics has some that comes close. look under mellotone for this number MD4134

See a buddy of mine thats been around these forums once or twice. Told me he bought them direct from Klipsch, but that seems to be ages ago. I have gotten a sample of the wendell mellotone, and wife and I both agreed that it looked to fake reel waxy looking plastic you know.

I have gotten a sample of the wendell mellotone, and wife and I both agreed that it looked to fake reel waxy looking plastic you know.

I've used it many times, and it does have a sheen to it. But overall, it's a very good reseblence to the real cane. It's one of those things where if you look at it in just the right light, or scrutinize it up close, you will see the difference. But sitting on your couch listening to tunes, it's cane.

Greg

post-11090-13819488264396_thumb.jpg

duder,

Check with Al K. He found a cane grill cloth for my horns and Belle that is real close to stock.

I've found that after thirty+ years, my cane grill cloth had yellowed with age and since I was upgrading to the Trachorn motorboards, cleaning became a moot point.

Lee

can't get the original anymore but wendell fabrics has some that comes close. look under mellotone for this number MD4134

I have gotten a sample of the wendell mellotone, and wife and I both agreed that it looked to fake reel waxy looking plastic you know.
it looks plastic because half of it is plastic