MWM-S using one each with my 402-69 horns.

rmlowz

Hello dtel,

I never received your email? I was told by another forum member that emailed me. I don't know if it is my provider or what. I will contact you with another email address.

Hello Dr Who

Thanks for your input on using singles. When I get them I will be busy painting them filling in scratches etc. Then they are going in the house. The 402-69 and MWM_s are going into both front corners of the room. I still will be looking fo another pair but I will definitely try using one each at first. It will be fun.

Rich

Thank You davis419b for letting me know that the MWM-S were available.Forum member jbsl and I left at 5:00 am and got back to Austin at 11:45 we did a Dallas marathon. I want to thank jbsl for helping me today. This forum is a great brotherhood and fellowship of people helping other people out with the same Interest KLIPSCH !! all the way.

Thanks again Rich

Always glad to help!! Road trips to pick up some big Klipsch speakers are always a great road trip!!

For anyone who has not seen MWMs they are not tall but WIDE AND DEEP and can't wait to hear them.

Walked into Rich's listening room and saw the JubScalas but was not able to hear them[:(] since he has been working on the room.

The first time you see the 402 horn you realize how absurdly LARGE they are but you have a big smile[:D] on your face while you are shaking your head[:P]

I guess it is like seeing that muscle car you have only seen pictures of and you finally see it for the first time. I'll post once I have a chance to hear them and let you know how the muscle car drives.

• Moderators

The first time you see the 402 horn you realize how absurdly LARGE they are but you have a big smileBig Smile on your face while you are shaking your headStick out tongue

Wait till you can hear them ! They sound as big as they look, it does not sound like the sound is from a horn, just wait. [Y] And on top of a jube or MWM's I have not heard better even for many times the price. [;)]

Hello,

I will get the room back up an running this week then you can come over jbsl. I am implementing the new DSX Audyssey front wide channels in my room.

dtel did you get your new system up and running? I don't know if I will take the MWM-s to a cabinet maker for a bid or not? I might be patient and wait for another pair for sale? I was working on the MWM-s yesterday they are in rough shape lots of scratches etc. I am picky on how things look. I spent 18 years as a body shop manager. I feel confident I will be able to get them close to new looking. I will definitely be using one pair of MWM-s with the 402s for now. I had a nice talk with Bob Crites the other day. He summed it up well. In my room two MWM-s would be plenty but four would be incredible.

Rich

• Moderators

Yes there working and sound great. I need to make a post. If I were you I would just use the two and listen to that for a while while you look or build another pair, you may decide you don't even want another pair depending on how much bass you want. What I like about the four bins is if you listen a low volume you still get nice bass.

I will try to send you those pics in a few minutes and see if they go thru today.

That is great dtel that you have your system up and running they sure are beautiful MWM custom built oak MWM bass bins !

Mark 1101, jbsl and I were measuring Saturday. I would have a cabinet maker make a 24 inch x 24 inch x what height I decided to set the 402 on to bring it up more if I am only going to use one each for right now. I would paint it textured black to match the MWM -S bins

Rich

Hello Forum Friends,

I returned from Dallas today and bought another pair of MWM-s. I was very lucky and have a lot to be thankful for in finding them at least somewhat local. What happened was two friends in Dallas 18 months ago bought four of the MWM-s from a pro audio company that was dis assembling an old theater. I bought one pair from the gentlemen last weekend. His friend only wanted to sell one of his MWM-s. That was not good for me since I wanted at least two matching pair. In the course of the week the gentleman changed his mind and called me and asked me if I was interested in the other pair. Needless to say I left at 4:30 AM this morning and returned at 10:30 AM with the other pair. I am going to refinish and repair and make them look like new as possible. I now can have my La Scalas back and use them in another room.

Take Care,

Rich