MWM-S using one each with my 402-69 horns.

rmlowz

Hello,

I might have a chance on buying two of the MWM-S. My question will it work until I buy another two or build two more like dtel did? Do you think the one each bass bin will go lower than the LaScala II bass bin? All questions for someone that is just learning about the MWM--S

Thanks,

Rich

I've only heard the setup with the double bass bin so anything I say is speculation.

I think it would sound killer.

As I like the idea of getting a pair myself one day (for outside use), I'll be watching what the more learned have to say.

The MWM-s should go lower than the Las II. I have original Las and my MWM-s bins go lower than those. Although the sound profile and timber is similar the MWM-s bins have a smoother and much bigger sound as well. Really not much of a comparison. [:D]

Hello

Mark1101 are you saying one MWM-s per 402-69 horn would work until I find another pair? I am going to get a pair of MWM-s this Saturday. I got to start some where LOL. I am going to restore the ones I am getting. I will look for another pair or build two more if the cabinet maker does not charge too much.

Rich

Rich, I don't know exactly how you'd wire it up....but if you get a pair of single MWM's, I'd speculate you could try for yourself.

Set them up in a double stack and configure so you can A/B the second MWM into the system. This would let you listen to the single and then double on a flip of a switch.

Perhaps this experiment would be enough to tell you if you want to pursue the second pair of them or not?

(just trying to think outside the box for ya)

Hello

My room is 15 x 18 with 8 foot high ceilings around 2,200 cubic foot of air to move, pant legs flapping etc LOL. I will get another pair ASAP. What I am going to do first is take one to a cabinet maker. I will try it disconnecting the La Scala Bass bin and connecting one each to the 402-69 horns for the heck of it. Question is do I use the same program that I have for the JubScalas. Or use the program for the MWM.

psg I hope I can stop at 4 MWM-s. It all started with about two phone conversations with Coytee the two out of about 10 conversations is what got me thinking about the MWM. His conversations have really put a dent in my hobby fund after Saturday I think it might me in the negative.

I really appreciate everyone's opinions This is a great forum

Rich

Honestly, I own the MWM system because I couldn't afford Jubilees at the time. MWMs show up periodically for low cost used and the polar response is compatible with the K402 horns. I am exceptionally happy with what I have but I do hope someday to have the Jub bins. I was told the MWMs I have were in RFK stadium in Washinton, DC. A guy bought the system used when it was replaced and parted it out. I had to drive to Chesapeak, Va. to get my MWMs. But it was well worth it.

Anyhow, in a 15x18 room you are going to rock your world. Trust me. But be sure and get all 4 cabinets in there. You will never want anything less. You are about to be seriously spoiled. Everyone who sees them will think you are nuts. That's the best part. I get a lot of mileage out of that at my house.

Forum member BEC can help you with woofers. In that application I recommend using K33 or BEC clones. K43 is not going to be needed from a power standpoint and don't go as low as a K33. A few of us have already determined that K33 works excellent in a room in the MWMs.

Hey Richard, I learned from you. You can never have too much fire power. I don't want to steer anyone the wrong way. You really do need all 4 as we know.

Question is do I use the same program that I have for the JubScalas. Or use the program for the MWM.

Pardon my ignorance... do you have a Dx38? If so, we can get you the paramaters. If you are using a passive then I think you'll have some tweeking to do. That's one thing that is so nice about using the active!!

His conversations have really put a dent in my hobby fund after Saturday I think it might me in the negative

Did the dummy tell you about his no questions asked refund policy?

[^o)] [*-)]

Question is do I use the same program that I have for the JubScalas. Or use the program for the MWM.

It would seem logical to me to use the MWM program for the bass channels and the 402 program for the treble channels, if that's what you'll be hooking up. With the Dx, you don't need to over-write your original program, you can just save the new one on another page. The Dx38 can hold 30 user programs.

Hello Forum Friends,

I have the XTi 1000 amps. When I get the MWM-s in my possession ( I have a deposit on them). I will need to talk to a forum member on the phone to talk about what I need to get next one thing for sure is two more MWM-S. I am just learning about the this. I can learn more from the telephone. I can not call Knoxville Tennessee anymore my wife is going to start looking at the phone bill. The phone calls to Knoxville is how all this madness started LOL

Rich

• Moderators

I might have a chance on buying two of the MWM-S. My question will it work until I buy another two or build two more

I would think just 2 would work, just less bass, If I had 2 bass bins and everything else I would sure try it !

I can tell you this when you get the 2 on each side you will NOT want a third set, plenty enough bass with a pair on each side !

Did you get the email back, and if you did could you open that file ? If you couldn't open it, I will find a way to get it into something that can be opened, a few people want it and it would be nice to just email it.

The difference between a single and a dual with good corners is going to be 6dB. Outdoors you might see less low frequency extension with the single, but I don't think that will be the case in a room. Just one wall would increase the acoutic impedance enough to match the performance of the dual system playing in a field. Once the acoustic impedance is high enough, you don't get more low frequency extension....just more gain at every frequency.

You're also going to see a slightly different polar pattern with a single vs the dual.....the single should have wider vertical polars and then both should be identical in the horizontal.

You could probably use the xover settings from Roy for the MWM-dual and K-402, but you'll need to manually boost the bassbin by 6dB, which is real easy to do.