Forum Issues

Amy

Hey. I can finally post to Miss Amy's Forum Issues post.... couldn't even view it earlier.

May just need more frequent index maintenance? Some databases, at least in the "stone age" world I work in have conditional index maintenance... set the parameters and it will only re-index those indexes that need it. May or may not be available to whatever DBMS or file structure that is used by the forum or the forum software may not provide that feature or not allow the admins to use it even if it's available in the underlying DBMS or possibly the foum uses a proprietary DBMS or file structure.

In most cases. One can sign out of the forum, go find the post one wishes to replay to and then even following sign it post but will most likely get the timeout error. That said. I couldn't even view this thread a few minutes ago ... after signing out. But that may just mean the maintenance was hitting this part of the index or this index. It makes sense that only certain areas or threads are affected if they have there own underlying files / db and indexes. The index gets fragmented bad enough newer entries often get tacked on in what amounts to sequential overflow which just keeps growing and getting slower and slower. The same thing can also happen to the actual file records in some types of files and/or databases.

At the last look I was leading in post count [:$] Maybe I'll still be in the lead by Monday if it's not reset and the forum indexing takes most of the weekend. Maybe I need to get a life. [*-)]

yes, it was very frustrating. how am i supposed to get through a work day if i can't access the klipsch forum?

even when i got home, there were still issues; but, i had slightly better success with firefox vice safari. still was painfully slow; but, i couldn't get anywhere at all via safari.

today seems back to normal though. okay, so why am i locked up in my apartment and not at the beach?????