My Little Home Theater

SCOOTERDOG

I spent 5 months building my little theater. It use to be a spa room w/ an 8'x12' spa.

We left the hole in the ground from the spa and created several channels under the raised floor that

feed into it. The starting point for each channel is under both La Scala's and the KSW12 Sub woofer.

Without going into all of the details that were used in design. The end result is a staggering sensation of bass reproduction in the room. I am very vey pleased with the sound.

The ceiling is about 12' in height and the room is 22'x20'. The surround L & R cannels are on the side walls about 5' off the ground. The surround back channels are mounted to the ceiling at 8' just as the ceiling starts its ascention to the 12'

Mitsubishi 55"

Denon AVR 3801 DTS DD

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the La Sala's

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/ Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RC-7 Center

Klipsch RS-5 Surround L&R Side

Klipsch SS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer

All cables are Monster Cables and 12GA Zip Cord

This message has been edited by SCOOTERDOG on 02-28-2002 at 11:03 PM

Thanks Ed!

I love my La Scala's. I have listened to so many different speakers over the years including the new RF7's. I like the RF7's but they just don't come close to the La Scala's. I plan on adding a Belle to the center

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Techenique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

SCOOTER DOG, you have to be proud of what you accomplished in a relatively short time. With that kind of sound... you won't miss the splashin'... and the humidity factor will be a lot better.

When I saw that you had a hole where the spa used to be I had visions that you were going to build one of those huge masonry under the floor subs in it... and I guess that remains as a wild option.cwm32.gif

Keep us posted on any changes... and my complements to your significant other. cwm17.gif HornEd

Horned,

Don't start putting thoughts into my head. It was hard enough convincing my wife to let me do this. As it was it took me 4 years to get her to let me build this room

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Hey horned,

I live in the bay area too. I live out in Antioch. let me know when you get out to my neck of the woods

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Roger on that SCOOTERDOG. Last fall I had the motorhome parked in the participant's area of the Renaissance Pleasure Faire in Vacaville. Next year it will be on the new property in American Canyon just north of Vallejo. So, especially during the faire, I pass by Antioch very frequently on my many photo-journalistic trips.

I am looking for an interesting place to live and work and your neck of the woods is high on my list. I want to get away from the stairs of San Francisco style multi-story homes. I am more concerned with space and grounds than I am luxurious touches. I would rather add the things that are meaningful to me than buy someone else's idea of a good time.

Just show your wife a few photos of my rigs and she will really appreciate what a wonderful guy you are!cwm17.gifcwm38.gif

HornEd

Very nice, I don't have the room for the Scalas but have heard them and wow of course!

I had the RF3s and upgraded to the RF7s recently and with the KSW12 thinking about changing my sub for a Velodyne SPL1200 or HGS12, checking that out right now...

I noticed that in your first post you listed you had the RC7 Center but now it's changed in your listing?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a RC7 on order to replace my RC3, so it matches my RF7s better, was there something about the RC7 you didn't like?

Again, nice set up,

G2

Very very nice lil setup there my friend.

cwm1.gif

Eric.

------------------

Certifed Legend Maniac :

6 KLF-20 as mains, surrounds, rears!

1 KLF-C7 center!

All powered by Denon AVR-5700 (soon to be updated to Aragon Stage 1 or Denon AVR 4802)

HDTV Toshiba 56H80

Dual Subs 12" Velodyne & 15" Earthquake

Sony DVP-NC650v SACD/DvD changer

Toshiba SD-6200 Prog Scan DVD player

DVDO IScan Pro

2 LaserDisc players

Toshiba HiFi VCR

Marantz Pronto Universal Remote

Please Visit My Website : http//hometown.aol.com/erickalet6/home.html

Hey Lone Palm,

Thanks for the info. One of my La Scala's has the logo the other came off about 10 years ago. I had it but can't remember where I put it. Getting ready to watch A.I. tonight. Anyway, thanks for the feedback.

ScooterDog.

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

i currently have the 47" (or is ist 43") mitsu. HDTV and i need another one Smile.gif Is it worth the extra... 400 or so bucks (what is the difference ahah) to get the 55 inch? finally convinced my mom to let me get another one Smile.gif this is the one i have now.. which i will keep,

mitsifront.jpg

and the 55 incher will replace what i have here, a 36" Toshiba

frontset1.jpg

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by Seb:

addicted to TVs...

yes i am.... Smile.gif and promedia's... 3 sets of 5.1's, a 2.1 and a 4.1 (and used to have a v2.400)!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>