2 channel Amplifier for RF 10

newbee

Hi,

I am currently running these speakers with a vintage Sony Amplifier which I never like.After a going round for an budget amplifier for my speakers I narrowed down to the following.

1.Cambridge audio Azur 640A V3

2.Nad C325/C326 beee

3.Cayin TA-30 (2 years Used)

4.Rotel RA-04

Now the problem with the Cayin set is that I need to change the tubes after few years or so.But tubes are not easily available at my part of the world.Only the dealers can get them for me from some other country.

Have anyone used these amplifiers with the reference series speakers.I really need help from the community.

[*-)]

Don't worry about the power rating of the speakers. Most speaker manufacturers today recommend using an amplifier with up to twice the rated power of the speakers, so the amp will never be overworked and will always be sending a clean signal to the speakers. That way, the amp is very unlikely to ever go into clipping, which is very dangerous to speakers.

New,

I hear what your saying on the Price...........

Looking at Audiogon, Used Cambridge's are going for 399.00..............

On the Emotiva site a NIB 2 channel Amp w/ Warranty is 699.00 Shipped................

OR if your going to be into HT Emotiva's 3 channel Amp is Only 549.00 shipped !

http://emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm

Good Luck. myself I have heard and owned NAD and Cambridge products. Both are very nice with that Warm British smooth sound but I felt that I was pushing the Integrated Amps to achieve the same sound as a more Powerful Amp...............

JMHO .

Hearing from you I quickly searched the local forum and found one of the members over there was asked 750$ as shipping charges to bring a emotiva amp.This is India and it's not worty over here to import an amp.Relatively the cambridge audio and Nad products are reasonably priced here.

newbee,

Welcome to the forum.

I have a mid 80's Luxman R115 stereo receiver(70w/ch) that is in great condition with a real strong tuner. I am currently using it to power a pair of Forte's, switching back and forth with my 70's Marantz. Don't let 70w/channel fool you. It feels more like 85 to 100w. Send me a PM if interested.

Bill