Strong meteor shower tonight

dtel

• Moderators

Had a few clouds the first night but was able to watch last night. parked a 20' trailer by the house, the trailer has 24" sides, so when you put some blankets down to lay on it blocks out any local lights from neighbors. After a few minutes your eyes adjust, we watched for about an hour and seen about 40 meteors, some very short and kind of dim, some across most of the sky and bright. Overall it was more than we would see on the average night and most were out of the north to northeast.

How about Colter 'n Fini! Hittin' the road. And if that doesn't work on it's own throw in Coytee doin' his infamous Marie Osmond impersonation .. or maybe not such a good idea. Who to join Colter 'n Fini? Now that sounds Colter and Fini joined the Who? That could work. Michael channeling Keith Moon, Fini channeling The Ox. Ok, Michael at least has rock star hair. (my brain seems particularly scrambled today)

So back on topic... we live just far enough outside of the on life support metropolis of Kokotuckey, er Kokomo that it gets pretty dark. People often park along our road to watch for meteors. Our high school just 2 or 3 miles away casts a lot bigger glow than they should. Main student parking lot has way more lights than necessary IMHO. Thankfully for meteor watching anyway, there aren't a lot of security lights in the neighborhood (row of houses around the corner of the field... maybe a subdivision that never took off?

I'll have to find out the general part of the sky... mebbe I can veg out on Deckzilla with some nice soft music on and wish upon a few falling stars..... now back home in the back 40 (ok 40 acres total) there's a nice sand hill and it's pretty dark even if Mike has his security light on. That would be a great location.

• Moderators

there's a nice sand hill and it's pretty dark even if Mike has his security light on.

Our neighbor has a security light on his barn, I asked him one day what's the deal with the light, his answer surprised me, he said " my wife is scared of the dark ". She asked him to put up the light to light part of there yard because she was always thinking how dark it was out there and it bothered her ! [:S]

does a meteor shower get you cleaner than soap & water? And why you talking about a shower anyway--is it saturday already?

Does a nice job of exfoliating the skin if you get in the shower ... and survive. [:S]

Is it Saturday? Big Stew you goin' all hi falutin burgouise on us?... the spring shower doesn't roll around again early April, late March at the latest.

Hillbillies - the truly green people.

I had to get up in the middle of the night to take a leak. Figured I'd step out back to take a look to see if I saw any meteors. I watched for around 15 minutes or so and did see a few, although there is alot of light around my neighborhood (darn near in the middle of the major commercial district here, right off I-95). Was tempting to sneak out down to the river where it would've been darker to watch, but just wanted to get back to bed as I knew I had a long day ahead at work.