K-horn internal wiring suggestions?

kevinmi

I'm getting ready to upgrade my K-horns with Crite's cast woofers, ct125 tweeters, and possibly wooden tratrix mids. I was wondering what wire should I use to connect everything? I'm not trying to open up a can of worms debate about zip cord vs. boutique cable or anything, just want to know what other people have used to re-wire their speakers with. Thanks, kevin.

My MWM-s bass cabinets (in my avatar) had factory wiring in them when I got them and I am guessing that is 18 gauge. VERY thin. I left it in there after stripping it back to find it looking perfect after almost 30 years. I was surprised to see that thin wire but I have seen enough Klipsch speakers in my day that it was definitely stock from the factory. The MWM-s bass cabinets are designed to handle 200 watts, twice a Khorn. So you can use this as a measure of what the actual requirement is.

I used 5mm x 0.5 mm flat heat-threated 99.99% pure silver from the silversmith.

Pulled som cotton cover on them.

Most will probably say "overkill" or wase of money, but then - I will never have to think about upgrading the internal wiring again[;)]

• Like 1

That looks kind of like the speaker wire I use, Knukonceptz Karma Kable. It's not expensive even in big sizes, sounds fine and looks cool. It used to come in blue and silver, but now it's grey and silver so it looks less obtrusive in living rooms.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KAR08SS