RF'5s a Marriage Made in Heaven!!!, What do you think??

gp_phan

Hello, maybe you've seen my recent post "Want to Hear Something incredible", thought maybe I'd get more reply's, but I didn't ask for any either.

I'm sharing my experience with you because to me it's SO incredible!!, SO marvelous!!, someone must be curious as to what it must sound like.

I do consider myself a lower budget Audiophile, BUT I do know what sounds good and what sounds UNBELIEVABLE !!.

Has anyone heard of the "Digital Amplifier Company" ??, Also, Odyssey equipment ??. I've read and read for years on all kinds of this and that on home Audio equipment (just like you) and by luck or by intuition, I've come across "A Marriage Made in Heaven".

Do you love live performance sound??. If you're like me and crave it's character, then I think you'd love this combo; 2 RF-5's - 2 RSW-10d's, an Odyssey Tempest Preamp, a (DAC) Digital Amplifier Company 4800a Amp and a Sony XA77ES Cd player. (Absolutely Effortless Sound - Speakers Disappear - Only Unbelievable True Live Sound is Present - "The Band is in Your Living Room").

I'm just wondering if anyone else has listened to a (DAC) Digital Amplifier Company Amp and an Odyssey Tempest Preamp. The combo it's truly MAGIC!!.

(In case you haven't read my "Want to Hear Something Incredible" post) This Amp and Preamp, COMPLETELY blow away the Mac's and they were in Fine Condition.

I've been to many a concert and live performances, this system captures and Surpasses EVERYTHING I've heard to date.

If you are wondering what kind of Amp & Preamp to run with Klipsch Speakers you owe it to yourself to check these pieces out, they are Mind Boggling to say the least.

Ok, what do you think???

Pieces I've owned up until the above mentioned.

Bose 901's Pioneer 80w int. Amp - 1978

ESS Amt 1b's Sanyo Plus 100w amp w/preamp

SpeakerLab Seven's Stax Class A 100w (what a monster!) w/dj mixer

Advent ?? Harmon Kardon High Current 40w int. Amp

Bose 401's McIntosh MA6200 75w int. Amp

Klipsch KG3.5's McIntosh MC2105 105w Amp w/ McIntosh C26 preamp

Paradigm Titan's

Paradigm PDR10's Sub (two)

I forgot to mention in this post, that I've picked up everything used except for one RSW-10d which Vann's had on sale for $499.00.

All other pieces were bought on ebay and Audiogon at roughly one third the original cost.

If you look and are patient, you can find the same, it's out there!!

I almost feel guilty having this system at such low prices.

Thanks for the replies so far!

Love to hear from ya!

If you are wondering what kind of Amp & Preamp to run with Klipsch Speakers you owe it to yourself to check these pieces out, they are Mind Boggling to say the least.

Ok, what do you think???

I think you found something you really like. But, I don't think you've stumbled onto a uniquely magical combination. Easy for me to say having never heard what you're hearing, but you've never heard what I hear with my KHorns and single ended tube amp. I doubt I'd prefer your setup to mine. You might prefer yours, but I don't believe I would.

Now, if you compared the Sony / Odyssey / DAC combo to a list of combinations that many on this forum tout as having great synergy it might carry a little more weight.

Just my 2 cents, but enjoying the music it all that matters.

I think you found something you really like. But, I don't think you've stumbled onto a uniquely magical combination. Easy for me to say having never heard what you're hearing, but you've never heard what I hear with my KHorns and single ended tube amp. I doubt I'd prefer your setup to mine. You might prefer yours, but I don't believe I would.

Now, if you compared the Sony / Odyssey / DAC combo to a list of combinations that many on this forum tout as having great synergy it might carry a little more weight.

Oh, Pardon Me Please - I'm so so Sorry for "Touting" Such Nonsense, Obviously your components are in a different "Class" than mine, but as you said, IT IS easy for you to say I haven't stumbled onto something "uniquely magical" - Seeing how you've NEVER heard what I'm hearing. (Brilliant)

Golly Gee Wizz, I'm sorry if I got excited about the most incredible sounding system I've ever heard!!!

Oh, and Jeepers Creepers -YES, I've heard khorns with several different "Hi End" amps, tube and solid state and other combo's, but I still have the most incredible sounding system I've ever heard. (My Bad)

I did list what I've owned - didn't list what I've been exposed to though - sorry my post was already getting large.

Large because I couldn't find enough good things to say about this current system and thought maybe other people may benefit.

Just my 2 cents, and enjoying the music and sound quality is what matters. Big Smile Best Regards

Dude - You posted a week ago asking what people thought. You posted again saying you didn't get responses, so what do we think. I gave you my opinion, and I did not write anything that should have upset you.

Next time write, "So what do you think, please respond only if you agree with me."

Oh, Pardon Me Please - I'm so so Sorry for "Touting" Such Nonsense, Obviously your components are in a different "Class" than mine, but as you said, IT IS easy for you to say I haven't stumbled onto something "uniquely magical" - Seeing how you've NEVER heard what I'm hearing. (Brilliant)

Golly Gee Wizz, I'm sorry if I got excited about the most incredible sounding system I've ever heard!!!

Oh, and Jeepers Creepers -YES, I've heard khorns with several different "Hi End" amps, tube and solid state and other combo's, but I still have the most incredible sounding system I've ever heard. (My Bad)

I did list what I've owned - didn't list what I've been exposed to though - sorry my post was already getting large.

Large because I couldn't find enough good things to say about this current system and thought maybe other people may benefit.

Just my 2 cents, and enjoying the music and sound quality is what matters. Big Smile Best Regards

Hey gp_phan, did you not write this:

RF'5s a Marriage Made in Heaven!!!, What do you think??

If you don't want to know what people think, then don't ask! Right?

Now, we are always glad to have new people here, sharing about their experiences, but don't get bent out of shape when someone answers your question and it is not the answer YOU want to hear.

Now, we're still glad you're here. At least I am, but I can see why some might now be hesitant to answer your question. Think about it.

Dennie

gp-phan i believe Dennie was actually congratulating you on finding something that you really like and enjoy and know sounds unbelievable to you and also mentioned in the lines of that what you have discovered is what we are all trying to achieve, Enjoy [Y]

Dude - You posted a week ago asking what people thought. You posted again saying you didn't get responses, so what do we think. I gave you my opinion, and I did not write anything that should have upset you.

Next time write, "So what do you think, please respond only if you agree with me."

Sorry Dude, but when you say "Now if you compare Sony / Odyssey / DAC combo to a list of combinations that many on this forum tout as having great synergy it might carry a little more wieght" sure sounds like you think your "stuff" is in a different class. The fact that you can say this without having heard the "combo" really doesn't make much sense. (A marriage made in Heaven - It is that good)

Maybe what I should have posted is "If you've heard Odyssey with a DAC Amp" what do you think? or "If you're looking for great audio at an affordable price". or "looking for something different?".

I know people on this forum know how RF-5's sound, was interest in seeing if anyone had heard the whole combo, wasn't saying it's the ONLY great sounding system or everyone should run out and buy it.

Just trying to let others know what a great sound they can have inexpensively, others who probably couldn't afford msrp equipment, or maybe looking for something else, that's all. Dude

Do you love live performance sound??. If you're like me and crave it's character

What type of live recordings are you jammin'? I really dig live music that is recorded well......I know where you're coming from.

Enjoy what you have......it's good stuff. [Y]

gp-phan i believe Dennie was actually congratulating you on finding something that you really like and enjoy and know sounds unbelievable to you and also mentioned in the lines of that what you have discovered is what we are all trying to achieve, Enjoy Yes

I realize that, was just playing along :)

Do you love live performance sound??. If you're like me and crave it's character

What type of live recordings are you jammin'? I really dig live music that is recorded well......I know where you're coming from.

Enjoy what you have......it's good stuff. Yes

SWL,

Glad you dig l live music and recorded live music, what I was saying is that I love live performance sound as in concerts and other live venues. I don't have any live recordings, but this system makes everything sound as if you were at a live show - realism!

Best Regards

Heaven. heaven is a place, where nothing

Nothing ever happens. (talking heads)

What does this post have to do with this thread? nothing.

What does a marriage made in heaven have to do with nothing? why am i asking you?

Is the phan related to the phanatic?

Enjoy your system and welcome.

Sorry Dude, but when you say "Now if you compare Sony / Odyssey / DAC combo to a list of combinations that many on this forum tout as having great synergy it might carry a little more wieght" sure sounds like you think your "stuff" is in a different class. The fact that you can say this without having heard the "combo" really doesn't make much sense. (A marriage made in Heaven - It is that good)

For the record, my amplifier cost $299 (kit). I never said it was better than your stuff, never said it was more expensive, never said it was in a different class, and never said that I owned the stuff that people taut (claim, profess, whatever) has good synergy. I just said that I like my system and believe that I would prefer mine to yours, just like you said you like your system.

You asked several times - What do you think? It was the title of your post. I gave my opinion. I've been very polite and I'm trying to continue that, but you are reading into my posts things that I did not put into them. I like coming to these forums and reading and posting, but your 2 posts directed at me have been anything but cordial.

I'm happy you like your system, congratulations. I like mine too. My system is not a marriage made in heaven, and I don't believe yours is either.