I am now a believer! FYI

archman99

I finally rebuilt my x-overs for my 28 yr old Heresy's.

E2 Crossover

What a difference. The mids and highs are so much sharper... pronounced. I guess I would say more dynamic. I am falling back in love with my Heresy's.

For the home theater, the little subtle sounds, that were not there before.... are now.

Isn't it great when you replace a few parts for not much money and you can hear the improvements right away? After a few months of listening, I replaced the ancient "oil-can" caps on my 1974 La Scalas with a fresh set of Sonicaps and I could hear the better sound as soon as the music started.

You probably have the E2 crossover. The E crossover (as I understand) was used in earlier Heresy's. Open the back of your speeker, and see which ones you have.

http://www.critesspeakers.com/prices-crossover_repair_kit.html

BEC has kits already made up with sonicaps, mounting hardware, wiring diagram. Everything you need. I think I paid $45 + $6 shipping.(for pair)

Just a little light soldering, and your all set.

I was skepical that he sound would improve so much. But it really made my old friends sing again.

Probably the most cost effective improvement that can be done to a vintage pair of Heritage speakers. Ranks right up there with making sure K'horns are tight and sealed in the corners.

Also another "tip" on Heresy's...... put a strip of speaker gasket tape around the rear bracing to seal the rear panel. Will usually noticeably improve the bass response.