Sansui T/T

oldenough

A few years ago a friend of mine had this turntable brought into his shop for repair, unable to get the thing to follow any commands he gave-up on it and the customer left it there. He sold it to me for the princely sum of $25, all I wanted was the Stanton 681EEE that was on it. Last week in a fit of boredom I decided to dig inside of it and see what might be the problem. Removed and cleaned all the plug-in connectors, and generally fooled around inside. Well whatdayaknow, the thing actually works now. Originally finished in a gorgeous piano black laquer, but someone had actually laid a cigarette on it and left a 1 inch burn right thru the finish, refinished it with a stick-on vinyl for now. Pretty decent sounding T/T, not sure whether that is down to the Stanton or the T/T, but I'm happy.

Oh come on Oldenough. You of all people, being of the hippie persuasion, should know that it was not a cigarette that caused the burn.

Chain of events, put on a record, roll a joint, burn 1/3 of joint, think about ordering Chinese food, light up and take another hit, notice record ended 1/2 hour ago, lay joint down on TT to flip record, flip record, start listeing, think about old girlfriend, wander off and order a pizza, eat pop tarts while waiting for pizza to arrive, think cops are at the door when pizza arrives and don't answer, call buddy and ask him to bail you out of jail because the cops are there, think about how good some Kung Pao chicken would be after the "cops" leave, then crash on front lawn while on way to car to go out and get some Chinese food, wake up when sprinklers go off in the morning, record still skipping at the end and joint burnt out on TT.

Oh come on Oldenough. You of all people, being of the hippie persuasion, should know that it was not a cigarette that caused the burn.

Chain of events, put on a record, roll a joint, burn 1/3 of joint, think about ordering Chinese food, light up and take another hit, notice record ended 1/2 hour ago, lay joint down on TT to flip record, flip record, start listeing, think about old girlfriend, wander off and order a pizza, eat pop tarts while waiting for pizza to arrive, think cops are at the door when pizza arrives and don't answer, call buddy and ask him to bail you out of jail because the cops are there, think about how good some Kung Pao chicken would be after the "cops" leave, then crash on front lawn while on way to car to go out and get some Chinese food, wake up when sprinklers go off in the morning, record still skipping at the end and joint burnt out on TT.

LOL, Wow! you sure have a vivid imagination.....What makes you think I am "of the hippie persuasion" [:D ]??

What makes you think I am "of the hippie persuasion" [:D ]??

Because your avitar photo looks just like this guy.

I think he might have you on that one, Oldenough!

I do see some similarities! [^o)]

Now fess up! Was it you who burned the TT????? [;)]

Dennie

Whoa! Hold on a minute ain't that guy dead??....Actually your not the first person to say that...I think DTel or his wife noticed a similarity. Trust me I ain't no old hippie, and I didn't burn no darn Turntable.....Honest. Confused

Yeah, I think "young hippie" sound much better too! [:#]

Dennie [;)]

[:S]

Whoa! Hold on a minute ain't that guy dead??....Actually your not the first person to say that...I think DTel or his wife noticed a similarity. Trust me I ain't no old hippie, and I didn't burn no darn Turntable.....Honest. Confused

Yeah, I think "young hippie" sound much better too! Zip it!

Dennie Wink

I'm sayin' no more.....Dennie are you just tryin' to stir it up??? I sure do like that Stanton 681eee. [:S]

Now that's funny!