Dual subs but not stereo

russ69

Very timely --- I have a 1,000 square ft storage room for hifi I dont use and I'm going through the subwoofers today to see which two might be best for KHORNS and movies. The multiple subs actually work to pressurize the room more faithfully/evenly. So far I dont like Khorns and subs for music but Colin does and has found a good solution.

I do like the two sub idea here. How are you guys wiring these? I have a killer MK [ 12 " ] sub

that puts out plenty low end but would be interested in a second sub, what would you guys

suggest for a second, smaller tighter one for a tighter bass and a little higher bass? Thanks Jim

One day, the store manager at one of the Hi-Fi Hutch stores (Klipsch dealer) wanted to hear Khorns with tubes ~ triodes in particular. So he came over to my place for a visit. This was a couple of years before the introduction of CD in the U.S. As I recall, I put some Jimi Hendrix on the Linn LP-12. We cranked it. And then we cranked it some more. I suggested we go outside. As we closed the doors behind us, the sound level dropped to tolerable levels. When we walked outside and closed the patio door, some of the house siding was audibly vibrating, so were the light fixtures. Paul (ficticious name) was impressed. "Not yet" I said, "Come over here". I went to the outside edge of the brick patio about 20 feet out from the house."Put your hand down, here". He puts his hand down and immediately lifts it like it burned and says "HOLY *****, I CAN FEEL THE GROUND VIBRATING!!!!! (Voodoo Chile).

I don't use subwoofers [bs] (for music) [;)]

I've run with 1 RSW 15, then with a Velodyne 1215 connected, and then with those and the small 10's in a set of RP 3's that were in the set up and the RSW 15, just overshadows the others to the point where I went back to it as a stand alone. I'm looking for a RSW 12 or 10 to run with the 15 and see what that does. It's just too much fun to stop trying new s*&^.