Another paypal adventure

winchester21

Somebody really needs to come up with an alternative for these thieves. Paypal sucks and sucks and sucks. I bought a lousey extended magazine for my Benelli M4 shotgun. Allowed item. A simple hollow piece of metal with a spring inside- a stinking 260 dollars. For some unknown reason they have put a 21 day hold on the funds from me.The transaction shows completed. The seller is a really nice guy who has lots of 100% feedback. This is a first for me- all other purchases went through without a hitch. Any suggestions? i am not a paypal expert. I use them only when absolutely necessary.

Whats up man?? great to hear from you. All work no fun.Sent my Jolida back for remote issues. Saving my nickels for a set of VRDs if I can ever quit buying guns.I am done with these a holes after your fiasco with the mac stuff. Had to have the mag ext- hard to find-guy would not take a cert check fed exed- now I have to f with this mess. ARRGGGG!!!!!!!

Hope you get settled soon- all the best.

there was a time, when PayPal started delaying MY payments (NOT by 21 days however). It turned out, that the Credit Card associated with my account had expired (even though the Bank Account was valid and source of funds). You just might want to check. As soon as I "fixed" the issue, payments went though ASAP once again. Just my .02

In my situation it wasn't paypal at all it was ebay. They made paypal put a 21 day hold. Myself and the other party did a refund and just went through paypal on our personal accounts and bypassed ebay and all was well. Even though it was an ebay transaction they were none the wiser. And since you are using paypal you still have credit card protection.

In my situation it wasn't paypal at all it was ebay. They made paypal put a 21 day hold. Myself and the other party did a refund and just went through paypal on our personal accounts and bypassed ebay and all was well. Even though it was an ebay transaction they were none the wiser. And since you are using paypal you still have credit card protection.

It's eBay. If you do not have 100% rating as a seller, and a 4.5 out of 5 on the seller extra rating over the last year, Paypal (owned by eBay) simply places a hold on your money until the buyer either provides feedback or 21 (or sometimes 30 days...) goes by. It also does it on "consumer electronics" when the cost of the item is >$500. They (eBay) claim that it is buyer protection and that until about a year or so ago (when they implemented this scheme), the used electronics sales were so bad with rip-off's they had no choice.

Things you can do...... If you trust the seller, make the deal through eBay, but do not pay for the item via the eBay system. Go to paypal direct and whatever you do, do NOT select the "eBay" button for the transaction. Have the seller mark the item as "paid for" and be done with it. eBay does not like this, but since they get their cut from the seller's fees, they cannot do anything about it.

Things you can do...... If you trust the seller, make the deal through eBay, but do not pay for the item via the eBay system. Go to paypal direct and whatever you do, do NOT select the "eBay" button for the transaction. Have the seller mark the item as "paid for" and be done with it. eBay does not like this, but since they get their cut from the seller's fees, they cannot do anything about it.

Exactly what we did. Worked like a charm.