1948 khorn broucher oldest?

khorn51

forund this cool feb 48 khorn broucher anlong with 2 56 khorns and some tube gear.

I took this phot just before tearing it all out.

I'm sorry, I thought you said you found that VERY COOL Broucher with 2 1956 Khorns and some tube gear???

We need more pictures man!! [:o]

Sounds like you won the lottery! [Y]

Dennie

That room/building looks like Frank loyd Wright Design......................Beautiful . Were you able to buy the speakers or just Look? I am sure it took your breath away !...............

I really like it , that you can just click on the Picture in different areas to make it bigger !

The custom built in khorns ect. were all at a local estate sale, my wife told me to check out.

The house is a Frank loyd Wright Design that the orig owner had copyed from the real deal.

The speaker and house were all built in at the same time in 1956.

Sadly the house was just sold and the new owner a contracter is going tear it down and build a Mcmainsion..

I did end up buying the custom covered khorns ,under the trim they are utily models in mint shape with trusonic woofers ect.

I also scored the tube Berlant Concertone tape deck.

I am also trying to score all the custom made woodwork and hammond cv organ before the house gets knocked down.

Thanks for the Confirmation !....................

I hope you can salvage some of the Wood. The new owner needs his head checked out.................but that is just me.............

Congrats on the Goodies, Please post some pics when you can. Also you truly have a wonderful wife who sends you out to check this out !

yup funny how towns like Welesley ma are hardly effected buy the houseing bust when contracters can buy a vintage modren home tear down and make a killing.

Any way I did my part save the speakers now what to do with 8 khorns all from the 50's or earlier.

Anyone looking for some Frank loyd Wright Design style khorns pm me.

when i get my scaner fixed I scan the brocher.

The music box like to use mcintosh/marantz back in the day. no so sure about sherwood.

I tried to find the orig tube gear beside the tape deak, but it was long gone .

Im sure it was marantz of macintosh gear.

The father of the guy who introduced me to Klipsch (thanks, Mr. Bob!) had Shorthorns driven by a Sherwood tube integrated. He lived in Wellesley, and said Bill Bell, if customers couldn't swing both Klipsch and Mac or Marantz, would steer them to the better speakers and a Sherwood amp. Good advice. For some reason - probably the real dated styling and the knobs that change color with time - Sherwood doesn't seem to get its "props" these days, which actually might make them a good value. They could certainly "shuffle and cut" with contemporary Scotts and Fishers, and for the most part were considered better than Pilots and Eicos. I don't think they ever made a "statement" product, either, nothing to put with the big 6-CA7 based Scotts, Dynas and Fishers, which probably doesn't help their reputation.

I can scan 11x17 color and black and white up to 44" wide, which I occasionally do 'for posterity' for my online brothers.

I'm in Southeast Massachusetts (my office is in 02021) if you'ld like to send these to be scanned. Lemme know by PM.

Bill Bell form the Music box in Wellesley Ma turned me un to khorns back in the late mid 70's when I was just almost a teenager.

He also sold me my Threshold fet 2 preamp in the 80's and sad " never turn it off" well it's been one for over 20 years now and still sounds sweet .

Bill Bell knew his stuff.