Cornscala III from Italy & Oppo BD 83 SE Modifications

robi

As you see I worked on the supports.

They're made in plywood (thickness is 18mm) and screwed (and glued) to the cabinet.

I'll use 4 insert screw with 4 steel spikes (with nuts) or 4 soft rubber feets (if I have to couple or decouple the speakers to the floor).

The cut in the back side was made to let the cables to pass to the external crossover (that will be decoupled from the cabinet).

Bye!!!

Roby.

PS I think I'll spray soon the front and the back panel!!!! (The black color It's on my garage!!!!!)

post-39064-13819513408722_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Robi-

Glad to see you back, I was wondering about you and thinking we needed to see how things were progressing.

They are looking molto bene!

Herb

Hi Herb,

I'm happy to read you.

The job is in progress (VERY SLOW PROGRESS:::: [:$] )

Thank you for comment.

Now I've to paint the cherry and I'm looking for a good paint!!!

Roby.

Hi guys,

today I've bought the paint.

It's a sort of natural oil that we'll use for the cherry wood, for the lower support and for the front edges (note those edges in the previous shot: are rounded to have lower diffractions).

We have painted a test panel: the colour is very nice in my opinion!!!! [:D]

Robi, the Fastrac mouth is roughly 7"x14". I do not think they will fit in your current project. BTW, they are coming along nicely.

I like how you kept the drivers in close proximity, I am sure they are going to soound great.

Here is a garage sale link to my horns. http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/118648/1197153.aspx#1197153

Dave Harris, Gothover@aol.com

I got these from Dave and they sound awesome in my Cornwalls! Excellent craftsmanship!!

Good evening,

I'm Roby from Italy and I'm sorry for my very bad american. Embarrassed

I've listened and/or owned several european speakers with conventional drivers and efficency (5" "woofer", 85 dbW/1) until I've had the opportunity of listen Klipsch Heritage Series. It's another league, another dimension of listening!!!

I love Klipsch sound!!!!!!

I can't install a Klipschorn (should be my next dream...) so I decided to build a Cornscala (that I named Cornscala III).

I bought all the components from Bob Crites (thank you very much for your patience Bob !!!!!!) and he advice me to use the PH 800 horn (the reason is the other Pyle was discontinued).

I started to design my cabinets for the new volumes of the squakers and several internal modifications that I'll do (on the cabinet and on the components). The final result will be (I hope...) a little bit higher than a standard Cornwall III.

Then I started to cut and the glue the MDF with a friend that is a professional woodworker.

If you're interested I'll post more infos and shots.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

Roby.

As mentioned by other members do not worry about your language you are doing great.

I do not worry about the difference between English and American but you show that you understand the difference! Two countries separated by a common language!

When living in Europe I had a harder time understanding English than German!

• 2 weeks later...