Back porch speaker recomendations

Oblio

Thanks to selection help from psg, I'm picking up a refurb HK 7.1 AVR-254. Right now I've got speakers for 5.0 (working on a sub ...) and I was thinking of using the rear surround channel for our back porch (the AVR supports using the rears as a second zone). The ~14x14 porch is covered and screened and pretty much stays dry above 2 or 3 feet from the floor (mainly due to splash from the deck in areas). Temps range from short dips below freezing to around 100 F. Recommendations ?

I bought some HDPE car subwoofer boxes from Parts Express and installed a full-range 8" driver in them for the back porch. I added a metal grille and terminal cup. The box is a little too small for the woofer, but it works and the boys like them for heavy metal in the pool. Total cost about $75. If they get cold or wet,who cares.

On axis about 3-400' if I fire to the rear, 1 neighbor next door is about 150' and they have a pool and usualy have music playing when they are out. Other neighbor next door is only about 75' but are rarely out.

Hey Obilo, I have mine facing the house. Although I do not have a covered patio, I started out with the speakers on the back of the house. Then one day for giggles, I moved the speakers out to the yard facing the house and it sounded so much better. Instead of firing over our heads and into the yard, they now fire towards the house where we are sitting on the deck.

Just my .02 cents!

Dennie