Worthy Upgrade?

Jakeg123

I have a pair of old SF-1s with b&w surrounds, a polk subwoofer, and no center. I am pretty sure I am going to upgrade to a full F-3 setup with F-3 mains, C-3 center, S-3 surrounds, and a sub-12 but i wanted to make sure this is a worthy upgrade. I am not able to afford anything more than the F-3 speakers and I am going to keep my Yamaha RX-V520 receiver. Will I hear a very big difference? Is it worth the money? Thanks, Jake

personally if it was me buying speakers here and there, i will get the speakers in this order:

mains
sub
centre
surrounds

i say sub b4 centre as you need a sub in ht to take care of the lows.. you can watch/listen to movies in 2channel with great results.

I can either get a full 5.1 F-3 setup or a new 46 inch LCD TV....Should I keep the speakers that I have and get the TV instead or will the new speakers be worth it?

What's your overall budget? What's more important to you? LCD's will continue to drop in price especially right before and after Christmas but right now there are alot of people dumping out of some very nice audio gear and there are deals to be had if you have patience and want to end up with a better set up for half the price and buy clean used equipment.

I can either get a full 5.1 F-3 setup or a new 46 inch LCD TV....Should I keep the speakers that I have and get the TV instead or will the new speakers be worth it?

What's your overall budget? What's more important to you? LCD's will continue to drop in price especially right before and after Christmas but right now there are alot of people dumping out of some very nice audio gear and there are deals to be had if you have patience and want to end up with a better set up for half the price and buy clean used equipment.

My overall budget is about $1,200. Right now I am kinda leaning toward the speakers, but i'm not sure. I also have an old, crappy-ish, projector that I normally use for movies. I was thinking that I could get the speakers and then buy a used TV in a few months. Does that sound like a good idea? I have never bought a used TV before...

IMO, I would take that budget and concentrate on the mains. In the long run, that will be the biggest factor regarding your audio pleasure. For your budget, you could pick up alot of great speakers and just take your time and build on it as financing allows. You have to make the choice for audio or HT first and then go from there.

I am still very confused on this, I just can't seem to make up my mind. What types of differences would I hear between the F-3s and my old SF-1s? I don't know if I will hear a big enough difference between the speakers. I have a pair of old SF-1s with b&w surrounds, a polk subwoofer, and no center. I am planning on upgrading to a full 5.1 F-3 setup consisting of F-3 mains, C-3 center, S-3 surrounds, and a sub-12. I don't know if it will be worth it or not. For some background information: I am 13 years old and I only make about $100 a month. So, spending this amount of money is a lot for me.

Thanks in advance,

Jake

That's just way cool that you're 13 and on the Klipsch forum asking advice on equipment. Tell me about the room that your set up is in.

Thank you! I, as well as many people on this forum, like to do as much research as I can before I make a big purchase! The room that the setup is in is a somewhat small room. It measures 18X14 feet and is a rectangular shape.