Forte II vs. Industrial LaScalas

wuzzzer

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ele/1459737432.html

My question regarding these would be:

Is the price in line with today's market?

Being from 1980, would I have to worry about the crossover networks components at all?

Would I be happy going from a Forte II/KG 3.5 surround setup to a 2 channel (plus my SVS sub) setup?

I really, really want those LaScalas!!

Does anyone know of the pro LaScala is the same size (length, width,
height) as a standard LaScala? Just trying to figure out if these will
even fit in my basement!

• Moderators

Don't know about the price thing but it's a much different sound than the forte ll. The midrange is the same as the khorn, K400 I believe, that's the big difference the much bigger midrange sound, and a little less bass.

If that price is in line I think you should get them, I think you will love them. What they will match with is a whole other story, but i think if possible you should try them, you will not be sorry.

Killer outside/garage speakers !

I think the price is a jump on it price.

The crossovers would need fresh caps, IMO, but that's not significant bucks.

Well, I'd be happy with a two channel and sub arrangement. That's a subjective thing, though.

The dimensions are the same.

I had a 2.1 system for a very long time and was extremely happy with it. I don't think I'd be that upset going back to it.

Daddy Dee, you're not helping! [6] I emailed the seller and we'll see what happens.

I decided to pass on them. After thinking about it I didn't like the idea of having to sell my Fortes and KGs to pay for the LaScalas. Also the LSIs aren't the most attractive speakers with their giant handles on the side and stenciled Klipsch logos. I found a different pair of speakers that I'm hopefully picking up tonight however...

While Forte is a great speaker (every week i get together with friends and party to the Forte sound ) the La Scalas are a much better sounding speaker all around in my opinion.

Pinpoint soundstage, mids to make you drool, and highs from the gods.

Only missing is the lows that can be filled by any decent sub.