HELP WHAT DO THESE LOOK LIKE?

Evolvo

These are posted on craigslist in my area for $400 and I'm wondering what they are. The guy doesn't know. I think it's 2 kg 4 with 2 kg 2.5's, but i'm hoping they are klipsch forte's with the 2.5's. he's also selling the sub, which I have no idea what it is, and a center channel. He said he bought as a bundle 15 years ago. Any idea anybody.

Thanks.

post-38582-13819513650038_thumb.jpg

The sub is a KG SW http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kg-sw-specifications/ - my best friend had that sub for years. It is a passive sub but actually didn't do too bad for two 8" woofers.

The ones on stands are definitely KG 2.5s. The larger ones are too small to be Fortes. Considering that the other are KG series I'd say its a safe bet that they're KG 4s. Very slight possibly they're Quartets but I doubt it.

$400 isn't a tremendous deal but isn't horrible either. I see KG4s go for $150-250 depending on condition and KG 2.5s go for $100-200. No idea what the KG SW is worth.

Ok they are KG 2.2's and klipsch quartets. The sub is the KG SW. Good job to the guy who got it right. You know your stuff. I got everything for $350, also got a video acoustic center channel. Never heard of that before.

Anyway how do the Quartets compare to the forte's.

• Moderators

Good job to the guy who got it right.

The only reason I knew what quartets looked like was I picked up a pair for Bill and delivered them to his house. I really liked the sound of them. He has Forte's also and they sounded good as well. I personally didn't hear much difference between the two but they were in two separate rooms hooked up to two separate systems. Maybe Bill will chime in on his thoughts since he owns both.

Anyway how do the Quartets compare to the forte's

As Youthman stated, I have the Quartet's and Forte's in different rooms hooked up to different systems. But I would have to say that both are awesome.

The Forte's open up a bit more on the bottom end due to the larger drivers and cabinet while the Quartet's have a smoother midrange with the tractrix horn. I will eventually move the Quartet's into the same room as the Forte's hooking them up to the Marantz 2252b and do an A/B comparison. I will get back to you on that.

Bill

Not much difference between the Quartet and the Fort'e. I have both and the Quartet is a little better match to the Academy center in the HT. I moved my Fort'es to theTV room where I had a Synergy setup. I took the SF2s out and replaced them with the Fort'e speakers and the SC1 was a perfect match for the Fort'e speakers. Go figgure.

Nice buy there you should be happy indeed!