Heresy as Left, Center, Right and Surround (Home Theater)

o0O Bill O0o

Yes, thos subs sure do!

I think that is a well balanced set up. Matching fronts, pair of subs, and a decent screen. Really is about the music and the movies and that set-up is of a true lover of both.. as opposed to a someone with a bottomless wallet i.e. B&W 800 series all around, and JL Audio Gotham Subs, Krell/Classe gear, Runco projectors w/ the scope lens and every accessory is sweated over..

1790.jpg

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Brain%20Sturgeon&folderid=282

• Moderators

as opposed to a someone with a bottomless wallet i.e. B&W 800 series all around, and JL Audio Gotham Subs, Krell/Classe gear, Runco projectors w/ the scope lens and every accessory is sweated over..

All I can say is WOW! That is one sweet theater. He even used a $3500 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Camera to take photos of all his gear. I wonder if he needs a son?

Yeah, that's in my Hall of Fame home theaters.

Just from reading around many users speculate $136k or more has been spent on this. When you have a passion and the resources there are no limits. :-)

Back to reality of "what's in my wallet"

From what I am observing on this forum, many are going with a smaller, 5 Heresy III setup.

as an owner of LaScalas I will admit that though wonderful sounding their sheer size is something that we all have had to over-come.

In today's market & technology, the Bass Managment of anything below 80hz would make anything larger than a Heresy, overkill. It's too easy to get a few Subwoofers to managae all the Low Frequency Effects, and tuck them away. Then have the flexibility to place the Heresies anywhere you want ( wall, floor, cabinet integrated, etc..)

Your thoughts?

In today's market & technology, the Bass Managment of anything below 80hz would make anything larger than a Heresy, overkill. It's too easy to get a few Subwoofers to hand all the Low Frequency Effects, and tuck them away. Then have the flexibility to place the Heresies anywhere you want ( wall, floor, cabinet integrated, etc..)

Your thoughts?

Heresies are fine speakers, but they're not La Scalas. A sub (or subs) may round out the bottom end of a Heresy setup, but it certainly will not match a La Scala setup with suitable sub or subs. The bigger speakers have a fuller and more realistic sound, with dynamics that Heresies can't deliver. Subs don't reach into the mid-bass and lower mids where the La Scala bass horns work.

Most owners of La Scalas, JubScalas, Khorns, Jubilees, MWMs, or Belles, don't see them as overkill in any way. Well, maybe the MWMs... [;)][:P]

Okay, so I am still on the fence.

and this rendering (below) is where this thread has left me.

36788_full.jpg

But I speculate about this (below) set-up

36787_full.jpg

I do realize that my LaScalas really sound great!

I keep them on LARGE under the Base Management, even though they don't play deep bass, AND my AV Receiver has a variable Bass Crossover. even though it's 2 channel, now, I have been using a sub (to which I am not so sure about). The limiting factor is that the Yamaha RV-X1900 cannot set a different Cross Over frequency for each channel. oh well.

Anyways, 5 Heresies would be nice. look nice, sound great. Still after I "walked the dog" with this idea, turns out that going with 2 LaScalas (that already own) as L and R stereo, Heresy Center, and Heresy surround might be something to consider. I'm gonna start a new thread about subwoofers.

_Bill

...and Heresy surround might be something to consider...

Go for it. Wait for a local pair, if you don't like it you can always use them elsewhere or resell them. I know I like mine for surrounds.

I think at least once a week one is able to find a pair Heresies for sale, between Ebay, Craigstlist, Audiogon, and other for sale sites. To go even further, I have my google reader run searches as RSS feeds in all of these areas. Every day some is selling something Klipsch and it's great to see what comes up. I'll add that I am using crazedlist, a national craigsist search engine in conjunction with my RSS feed reader.

If you are not sure what I am talking about, sign up for Google Reader, Search Craigstlist for "Klipsch" -scroll to the bottom and copy the RSS feed code, and paste it in Google Reader as a new feed. Next in Google Reader there is a browse for stuff link, then in that link there is a search feature, select and use the pull down menu for ebay and enter "Klipsch" in the search field ... GoogleReader-ebay feed link for Klipsch Heresy.

With all the Heresy speakers for sale and the resource of this thread and this thread the possibilities are unlimited!

What we all have to decide is buy a Heresy, of any vintage, and leave it be, upgrade components, refinish/reveneer the exterior, buy brand new, or buy brand new w/ custom veneer..

Personally, I debate to buy brand new and custom veneer or go stock..

-Bill

• 2 years later...