anyone asking Santa for some new CD's

merkin

Just wanting to get some ideas to put on my christmas list. Haven't seen anything new released that really trips my trigger. Maybe it's because I'm older and my trigger is getting harder to trip. Any new must haves in adult alternative, rock, folk singer/song writer and chicago style blues?

Merkin, if your looking for some Chicago blues check out the Alligator Records 20th and 25th anniversary compilations. Most of the artists on their roster are represented. A great introduction to a wide spectrum of blues artists. Charlie Musselwhite, Tinsley Ellis, Katie Webster, Little Charlie & the Nightcats, etc...

I just ask for music because it is relatively inexpensive. I am getting these CD's: Miles Davis Complete in a Silent Way box set, Miles Davis ******* Brew Complete sessions, Pink Floyd'ds The Wall Live "Is there anybody out there?" and Spanish Guitar recital (needed to qualify for free shipping on Amazon and the samples were good)

and on vinyl: Eric Clapton Me and Mr. Johnson (great blues album) and David Gilmore's live album.

You should also check out the Doors new box set, Live in New York. I have heard portions of these concerts and they are very good if you are a Doors fan. Amazon has it the cheapest that I have seen.

As an aside, I am way overkill on new music. I went to check out a local guys record collection last weekend and made an equipment swap, so I am getting 800 more albums this weekend. He is getting a great deal too so it is a win win.

Hey Thanks Schaffer. I already have them and I do enjoy them. I have used them to branch into the artist that are on those CD's. We are about 3 hrs west of Chicago and get to see a lot of the Alligator artist here at our summer Blues Fest. I will definetly check out Mindy Smith and Jamey Johnson. I try them on my squeeze box and if I like them I usually get the CD. Thanks to all for the suggestions.