How does Community Professional Speakers rank against Klipsch?

jacksonbart

Was watching PCN (PA Community Network/public TV) business profile, of Community Speakers located in Chester PA. Never heard of them before, but it was an hour long tour of the factory by President Bruce Howze, they have been around since 1968. They designed their own speakers and sub contracted some sub driver production. Pretty interesting, had no idea they existed. Just wondering where they ranked or if people heard of them.

Hi there;

Community has been around for quite a while and they make very good speakers, many that are taylored for certain apps. You may want to drop a line to Thackmate on the on the Klipsch Forum under Pro and Touring as he used to work for them after Klipsch WWR went down. He may be able to give you more info.

One cool system they made in the 90s was called the Air Force System for large scale reinforcement. I still am partial to Klipsch because nobody horn loads like klipsch and their viocing is the best. While I think the KP 600 system is the best sounding arena system ever produced it was never improved upon for future systems, it does have its limitations and there are many many very good large scale systems on the market today.

Thanks Joey B KP 600

In general, avoid entry level products from any manufacturer.

Any Community with an M200 mid driver, or VHF100 high frequency driver will sound good. While they may be expensive, they are a good value.
These are killer for their size:
Build your own subs.

• 4 weeks later...

Community probabaly has the best line of all weather speakers...used in arenas...racetracks.

Look at the Wet series of the R-series.

They address a portion of the market not addressed ny Klipsch or anyone else

BTW...i beleive we were the first dealer to request...spec...and install Split LaScala's

• Moderators

Community probably has the best line of all weather speakers

I did hear some on a Cruise ship and they sounded OK, even better when the Reggae band was playing and I had a drink in my hand ! [ip] But nothing to get excited about, but they were out in the weather and saltwater all the time so I would think weather resistant is first priority for that model.