New Heritage Crossovers

cfelliot

I had to open up one of my Heresy IIIs to replace a bad mid-range. To my surprise the autoformer is now gone from the crossover replaced with resistor networks to match the different efficiencies. Was this done to all of the new Heritage line? Anyone seen schematics of these new networks?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm no crossover expert, but the H3 crossover looks a lot more sophisticated than the H2 model. I was impressed with the improvement in sound of the H3 over the H2, but so many of the components, including drivers and tweeter horn, are changed that it's hard to say exactly where all the better sound comes from.

There is no middle. That is a reflection of the LF connection. Those caps on the connectors are removable to accept a bannana plug.

Whatever the changes from the H2, the H3 is an awesome sounding speaker. I cross over to subs at 100hz so I have no lack of bass. I should listen to them without the subs sometime, but I know I won't leave them that way.

I'd still like to see a schematic of these crossovers?

The sub would not be connected to the main speakers.

The "HF" and "LF" indications are for the convenience of someone who wants to bi-wire their speakers. For normal wiring, the wires can be attached to either the HF or LF connectors, as the jumper straps will carry the current to the other connectors.

No, the HF and LF connections are for bi-wiring or bi-amping. I do neither, hence the shorting strap is in place connecting them together.

The H3s are driven from a Bryston 2B. I have a Yamaha receiver that I use the power amp sections only for the center and surrounds. The L/R feeds the Bryston. The subs have their own power amp an Anthem MCA-20. The Yamaha sends all signals below 100hz for all channels to the subs.

You can do it through the wysiwig editor as well IF you have the images hosted on another site.

click the little tree button and then paste in the location of your file.

Or as cfelliot said you can edit the html directly which is totally more 1337.

-Josh

Yes, they are externally hosted. The reason for doing it in HTML is that it is way faster than adding them via the GUI interface when they are only different by a couple of characters in the image filename.

When you are composing a message, insert the first image and then switch to HTML mode. It's the icon next to last on the message toolbar. This switches to HTML mode and you can copy and paste sections and then change the filename. Note as stated above this only works if you have a URL to the image stored on some other site.

You need to know very basic HTML. There are some great tutorials on the web.